Background Image

• 68 posts
    September 21, 2018 1:43 PM EDT

Hey, Social engine,

i am trying to create a new module that cover image shown in right side bar as an popular members as an sliders but everything is fine & when i try to use the background image by cover url its not possible for me, can you please help me about this, please let me know how can i add member cover url

background-image: url("MEMBERS COVER URL");

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 21, 2018 8:36 PM EDT

Screenshot/mockup?

• 6923 posts
    September 22, 2018 5:49 AM EDT

LOL thanks @gs I was thinking the same.

• 68 posts
    September 23, 2018 2:52 AM EDT

i am using this code for this:

for thumb

<div style="background-image: url(<?php echo $this->htmlLink($this->viewer()->getHref(), $this->itemPhoto($this->viewer(), 'thumb.profile')) ?>);">...</div>

for cover

<div style="background-image: url(<?php if (!empty($this->uploadDefaultCover)): ?>);">...</div>
    • 6923 posts
    September 23, 2018 8:55 AM EDT

If you are looking to feature a member, https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/app/feature-member-widget , that free plugin I made can work but it's not a slider. You would need to figure that part out if you want a slider. Also, you wouldn't be able to distribute it to others if you make something based on my freebie. Still, maybe that'll work. Otherwise, please provide a screenshot of what you want to do.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 23, 2018 1:13 PM EDT

BTW - is this for Cloud or PHP? 

SES and SEAO have excellent Advanced Members Plugins that offer 'Popular' sliders and much more, but again - without a screenshot/mockup it's difficult to 'see' what you're trying to accomplish.  Please help us help you

• 68 posts
    September 24, 2018 1:29 AM EDT
    gs said:

BTW - is this for Cloud or PHP? 

SES and SEAO have excellent Advanced Members Plugins that offer 'Popular' sliders and much more, but again - without a screenshot/mockup it's difficult to 'see' what you're trying to accomplish.  Please help us help you

i cant understand do you want a screenshot of code or screenshot of web in which i placed it and got errors or issues?

• 68 posts
    September 24, 2018 1:31 AM EDT
    Donna said:

If you are looking to feature a member, https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/app/feature-member-widget , that free plugin I made can work but it's not a slider. You would need to figure that part out if you want a slider. Also, you wouldn't be able to distribute it to others if you make something based on my freebie. Still, maybe that'll work. Otherwise, please provide a screenshot of what you want to do.

ok, but its feature members its not a slider but it is changed automatically?

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 24, 2018 1:47 AM EDT

You posted this in the cloud forum, but it seemed it was about SE PHP, so I was asking for clarification of which SE platform you're using.

I am asking for a visual idea of what you are trying to accomplish - a screenshot or mockup of what you want.

• 68 posts
    September 24, 2018 2:13 AM EDT

well, maybe i am unable to explain clearly. 

simple is that: can you please tell me the PHP URL of members profile cover photo for images grab

URL of image is : http:// ... /public/user/dd/06/59e37811a7531a420d447ebaa0da24c1.jpg

this is url but i need php url so system can automatically identify when user login its cover photo just like : http://... /profile/myname/ page having cover image.

Regards

• 6923 posts
    September 24, 2018 4:59 AM EDT

Feature members is just a widget in which you can feature a member. If you are trying to make a block to feature members, it would be a good starting point.

We need a screenshot of how you want the block to look when it is done. If you want the php code of the cover photo, you would look in the cover photo widget code. I am not in code atm to look.

• 6923 posts
    September 24, 2018 5:01 AM EDT

I've moved this to the SEPHP forum section as this appears to be for SEPHP and not for SE Cloud where you had it.

• 68 posts
    September 26, 2018 10:45 AM EDT

well point is i need a code of your profile cover which is i will use for background image,

i have attached a image for you...

• 6923 posts
    September 26, 2018 11:32 AM EDT

Why not use the banner feature and build a slider from that? The banner feature in Atlas actually does show different banners on the cover when the page is refreshed it shows another one. https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/en/portal/articles/2770246-banner-manager?b_id=14386 otherwise, you probably need a third party plugin or customization. 

Also, if you want to wait to see if someone provides tips for what you want to do, you can also wait for that. Noting that this is a volunteer forum. Even I am on my volunteer time now.

• 68 posts
    September 26, 2018 1:51 PM EDT

hey,

the banner feature is not for my usage. well, i will do it by myself and post a solution here if we'll success for this.

regards

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 26, 2018 7:32 PM EDT

I'd like to help, but without a mockup and more details I can't because (my apologies) I don't know what you're trying to accomplish, why, and where