Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

Make HTML block content in member profile non-global

• 4 posts
    September 22, 2018 12:56 AM EDT

Is there a widget/module/plugin available, that can be enabled on member profile and can take custom HTML but be profile specific? The HTML block that comes with SE show on all profiles. 

• 2594 posts
    September 22, 2018 5:59 AM EDT

Can you let us know what you are trying to put in that html block? What sort of thing? Is it for users to add some sort of embed code or youtube thing or something else? Is it for admin to add some custom html that shows on these specific profiles? Is this for specific member levels or specific users?

• 4 posts
    September 22, 2018 9:21 AM EDT
    Donna said:

..."Is it for admin to add some custom html that shows on these specific profiles?..." 

That's accurate. The admin can enable/disable that html block to only members that pay (or the admin decides) for having a podcast player on their profile. The block will be used to paste/embed an audio player in it. The html code for the podcast player will come from another website where users have their own online radio station and they want to have that play on their profile. 

The current html block that comes with SE, if i embed anything in it, like a video, it shows the same video on all members profiles, and that is not what i want.

• 2594 posts
    September 22, 2018 10:02 AM EDT

I can't think of any plugins for that. You could make a page on your site called Podcasts and put the paying member's podcasts on that page or you could check with some third party experts to see if they have anything that would work for this. 

• gs
    • 820 posts
    September 22, 2018 1:44 PM EDT

Both SES and SEAO offer Advanced Member Plugins, but I don't see if there's a widget that allows the User to input something like this.  They have widgets in other Plugins that allow the Page owner to type a message with video/photos/links/etc., but I don't see this in their AM Plugin.  You may wish to contact them to see if it exists, and if not, maybe they'll include it at no charge in future updates (since this feature seems to be quite useful).  This may not allow HTML though, but I obviously can't speak for either of those 3PDs.

This post was edited by gs at September 23, 2018 1:24 PM EDT
    • 4 posts
    September 22, 2018 6:11 PM EDT

On a second thought, it can be something simpler, like a text block to display on profile where user can add custom content.

Thanks for the info, i will continue looking/trying solutions...

• 2594 posts
    September 23, 2018 8:58 AM EDT

They could add a link to their podcast if you add that as a profile question. Just note that you wouldn't want them embedding any iframe content as that can allow hacks in any script. It's just not safe. So you wouldn't want to change the allowed HTML in settings. I'm sure you will find an option though. :)

• 4 posts
    September 23, 2018 8:36 PM EDT

I tried adding some html tags to a newly created profile question, and also added those tags to "Allow HTML in Comments? under settings", but it is not parsing. The html code shows as code, not as audio player. i'll keep trying...

• 2594 posts
    September 24, 2018 5:00 AM EDT

I wouldn't if I were you. You are setting yourself up to be hacked by adding to the allowed html. Allowed html is what is deemed "safe" and not as likely for a hacker to be able to hack. Changing that can allow hacks if you are adding unsafe stuff. Perhaps get a third party expert to make what you need or see if they have a plugin.