Community

Forums » SEPHP Feature Requests

Cannot Disable Iframely

• July 24, 2017 7:49 AM EDT

Steps to reproduce this issue:

1. Go to settings in control panel.

2. Click on Iframely integration.

3. Notice the existing options. Use API hosted by Iframely. Use Iframely API on your own server. Use Iframely API hosted by Social engine.

What happens:

Iframely cannot be disabled. All I want to be able to do is post youtube videos. I don't need it for anything else. I was much happier with my custom Google API key for this purpose.

Expected Behavior:

To use Google API key as an alternative. And have it show up in the videos plugin under video utilities.

Logs and Errors:

None.

Other Comments:

Iframely won't even let me post a video. It just keeps going back to the upload screen when ever I try it. I decided I really don't care for it.

Images and Screenshots:

None.

Operating System:

Name Cheap Shared Hosting

SE Version:

Latest 4.9.2p1

• 2990 posts
    July 25, 2017 11:59 AM EDT

This is not a bug. We had a feature request to disable iframely. It's in our internal tracker. I'll move this to feature requests.

• July 25, 2017 12:04 PM EDT

Thanks.

• 2990 posts
    February 24, 2019 1:08 PM EST

Iframely is in the Links app in Unite which is separate. It is still the only way to share videos from youtube and others. I guess you would need to post a feature request to use another tool as I don't know of another one that would allow as many sites to be used. Iframely supports hundreds of sites.

• 114 posts
    March 2, 2019 7:18 PM EST

If you use blogging or anywhere else you have the advanced text editor instead of plain text editor, you can delete the html tag IFRAME in the settings. It should not save the embedded video. Members can still add an embedded video and will show in what they want to post, but will not save the HTML tag IFRAME. Next time you load the post it will show it without the embedded video.

Or ad IFRAME to the settings to get it to work, this way you should be able to save embedded videos.

This post was edited by Maurits at March 2, 2019 8:12 PM EST