How can i found Builtin Pages such as "CONTENT"

• 68 posts
    September 29, 2018 2:39 AM EDT

Hey,

i am trying to find content pages which is your builtin pages for modification. i tried my level best to find it but i cannot find it. can you please let me know about the folder or location that we can trace it.

i have attached image for better clarity.

Regards

• 6923 posts
    September 30, 2018 9:44 AM EDT

Content is a widget. The page you are on there is the sign-in page. Can you let us know what you are trying to do with it? I had posted in other threads how to create the css for each page of the site and how to see that in inspect element. Noting that if you want to change CSS on a specific page, you have to add that CSS to the cloned theme you are using or to the custom theme you are using and not to the default theme stuff.

• 68 posts
    October 1, 2018 1:59 AM EDT

hey,

thanks for respond to me,

well, this is example page i have attached to you, we dont need to change any css we need to change some custom codes in it. like in blog we need to add or update the code for blog entries how to display or we want to increase the word of blogs 300 to 500.

image attached:

Hope so you now understand very well.

regards

• 6923 posts
    October 1, 2018 5:09 AM EDT

We don't recommend modifying the source code as it will cause upgrade issues and be overwritten on upgrades. However, you are free to change the code if you wish. For anything you want to change, you need to look in the files for that module. So you would go in application/modules/blog and find the codes you want to change. For display stuff, it would be in the tpl files in either widgets or views. It all depends on exactly what you want changed. Please be more precise when posting if you need assistance as there are various places to view blogs such as the blog browse page or the blog view page or various widgets.

• 6923 posts
    October 1, 2018 5:44 AM EDT

I came back to this thread to check and I see the blog browse page in your screenshot so I'll go look for that.

• 6923 posts
    October 1, 2018 5:47 AM EDT

application/modules/blog/views/scripts/index/index.tpl lines 51-54

<p class='blogs_browse_info_blurb'> <?php $readMore = ' ' . $this->translate('Read More') . '...';?> <?php echo $this->string()->truncate($this->string()->stripTags($item->body), 220, $this->htmlLink($item->getHref(), $readMore) ) ?> </p>

Try changing the 220 to something else. I'm not on my local dev site to see but that should be the code for the blog browse page to show more text.

• 68 posts
    October 1, 2018 2:23 PM EDT

Hey,

thanks for respond to me again.

well that i want. due to this folder we identified the CONTENT view as view.tpl

regards