Spencer Undercover Part Deux

• 111 posts
    October 5, 2018 8:42 AM EDT

Hello! Did ya miss me? I snuck back into the coding HQ! They sure have been busy since my last undercover operation. I got lots of great pics while they were all in their “Aerobics for the 80’s” classes. I guess they like that disco music. It sure did get my tail wagging!

SocialEngine has really stepped things up with the upcoming release, codename “Breeze.”  It loads so fast that pages were open before I could blink!! I tested with a few browsers open and with different accounts and even notifications were instant! WOW!!! This baby purrs like a Lamborghini.

I hopped over to the admin area to check what’s under the hood and it’s super! A great new design makes it so easy to navigate.

They’ve got an easy to read left menu with different design options to choose from:

Check out this stats area too! Gotta love those nifty charts right? Kind of looks like someone likes Star Trek.

Check out this easy site designer! I showed you this before but they added more cool stuff to it! Change your colors and preview changes on the fly! SocialEngine makes it simple for you to customize your colors with color pickers. This image shows the view with the preview open at the top of the selections.

They put in instant notifications for reported items for logged in admins! This shows at the bottom right of the screen where the front end page editor is also found. Yep, that’s right! Easily change the layout, user group access, keywords and page description via the front end edit button.

There is also a nifty integration for Slack so you can get instant notifications of signups and pending approvals.

Last time I showed you Reactions but didn’t mention that you can add and remove them to customize your site. You could even add a dog Reaction because, ya know, dogs are awesome right?

Pretty great stuff and there’s so much more but I’ve run out of time. Your pal and chief undercover agent, Spencer W. Ebligo signing off!

This post was edited by Spencer at October 5, 2018 8:44 AM EDT
  • gs
    • 857 posts
    October 5, 2018 10:09 PM EDT

Thx Spencer 4 the info.  Interesting, esp the speed.

Any chance you saw dozens of FRs ready to go?  Need FRs though as I don't need this stuff (want, yes... need, no).  I need functionality that doesn't exist, except for in the FRs.  After spending a fortune (time and money) on 4.09.* and 4.10* updating, it will be a long while before doing it all over again if things I've been needing and waiting for for quite some time aren't included.  

This post was edited by gs at October 6, 2018 6:36 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    October 6, 2018 5:03 AM EDT

There are many FRs that were considered when making the new version. SECloud and SEPHP. It's harder to show those in screenshots. I don't know what exactly you are speaking of though.

• October 6, 2018 11:18 AM EDT
    Spencer, thanks for the good news, the new version looks great!
  • gs
    • 857 posts
    October 6, 2018 6:40 PM EDT

==> '... I don't know what exactly you are speaking of though....'

I could list all the FRs I'm waiting/hoping for, if that's helpful.  

What I'm getting at is a shinier new car is nice, but not as helpful to some of us as necessary functionality.

• 6923 posts
    October 7, 2018 5:53 AM EDT
    gs said:

==> '... I don't know what exactly you are speaking of though....'

I could list all the FRs I'm waiting/hoping for, if that's helpful.  

What I'm getting at is a shinier new car is nice, but not as helpful to some of us as necessary functionality.

No need to list each in here but you could let me know in private message if you want or post in each one asking. We may not confirm everything that's in it until we release the beta test though. We have a LOT of functionality improvements. We wouldn't just release one with fluff.

• 378 posts
    October 7, 2018 6:01 PM EDT

NICE - super excited for an admin area update!

• October 8, 2018 1:49 AM EDT

The new update has made our team more excited to see the new SE.

We are waiting for the "BREEZE" and upgrade all our products for the compatibility.