Alignment issue and Profile Photo clarity - SE blogs

• 25 posts
    October 14, 2018 12:02 PM EDT

Hi,

Bug report listed below:

What are the steps to reproduce this issue?

Download SE Blogs plugin and post a blog with a featured image.

What happens?

The alignment of the featured photo, profile photo of the member who posted the blog, and the name of the member who posted the blog seems to be all over the place. The quality of the member's profile photo is also very blurry.

What were you expecting to happen?

I was expecting the aligment of the items mentioned above to be visually appealing and not requiring me to input various CSS code to make it look acceptable.

Any logs, error output, etc?

No.

Any other comments?

In the image below, I have centred the featured photo (ie. the top photo) by inputting code into theme.css. However the profile photo of the user is very blurry and the name is misaligned - it doesn't look professional.

What versions of software are you using?

Operating System: Android Version 8.0.0, Samsung Galaxy S7. This also occurs on my desktop with Windows 7.

SocialEngine PHP Version: 4.10.3p1

• 6923 posts
    October 15, 2018 5:03 AM EDT

As you mention that you've edited the css, this isn't a bug. It is more a feature request to change how the theme looks. I'm also not sure what you are testing with, image sizes, etc. What the original looks like without modifications. 

• 6923 posts
    October 15, 2018 5:12 AM EDT

On my own site, it doesn't look like yours. It looks like you've modified both images some to enlarge them. Perhaps try a test with our Atlas demo as it has rounded images and a different blog setup. There are many themes that also have changes that use the different thumbnail sizes instead of stretching with CSS. When you stretch an image with CSS you can get pixelation. Below is an image from my site which shows a featured image of my children's book I published and then the tiny user image under it. I don't like it like this either though so I think I'll adjust mine once I have internet again and I'll post my own changes at that time in case it helps. I did like how it looked with Atlas but never had time to edit the theme how I wanted it.