Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

why bug "new updates are available" coming?

• 9 posts
    July 26, 2017 3:14 AM EDT

Hi,

Why I am getting "new updates are available"  on my homescreen, It should auto append on the feeds.

It any of you can help how to get rid of this, Looks like a bug to user.

thanks

• July 26, 2017 4:11 AM EDT

Hello, is this happening when you stay continuously on home page or also if you go on other page and come back ?

If it's happening when you post something and stay on home page to wait for your post to appear, then is something normal as the Core Feed doesn't have an auto load feature as i know ... try to post something, go on another page then come back to home page and see if what you posted appears or you have the same message with click for updates.

If is ok and appears after refresh then is not a bug, and if you want auto load for posts when you stay on the page without refreshing, then you need to buy an Advanced Feed plugin that has auto load feature using usually ajax.

I hope i understood good your problem and i can help you with this small advice.

• 9 posts
    July 26, 2017 5:16 AM EDT

Hi @Gabry,

Thanks for your time and yes I am using the Advance feed plugin.

Secondly it is coming when some of my friend post something on his wall and I get feed for that.

It must be preload as far as advance feed plugin is concern but I don't know why its not working.

moreover if I am doing set subject than its showing error?

Thanks

• July 26, 2017 6:18 AM EDT

What kind of Adv. Feed you use ? I also had some issues with some options that i check it for Feed and they had a conflict between them ... for example if i use "AJAX Based Feed Loading" on my feed then the sliders for some posts are not appearing so i had to disable this feature... try to random enable and disable the options for the feed that you have in plugin options and also in adv.feed widget ... maybe you have the same like i have a conflict when you enable one of the option .Also if you have the option "Auto-Loading New Activity Feeds" put this on enable or Yes.

Please come back with a reply after trying so we can talk about some more ideas ... or in the end you will have to send a ticket to the company from where you have the plugin.

• 920 posts
    July 26, 2017 6:36 AM EDT

This appears to be an issue with a third party product. We'll move it to the section for discussion of third party products.

• July 26, 2017 6:46 PM EDT

I'm happiest with no advanced functionality, as my site doesn't need to overly complicate things. I'm sorry you're experiencing such complications with the activity feed and subsequent notifications. I'm sure it will be sorted all out soon.

• July 26, 2017 6:47 PM EDT

I'm happiest with no advanced functionality, as my site doesn't need to overly complicate things. I'm sorry you're experiencing such complications with the activity feed and subsequent notifications. I'm sure it will be sorted all out soon.

• July 26, 2017 10:34 PM EDT

• 9 posts
    July 27, 2017 2:09 AM EDT

Hi @Gabry,

This is the setting currently I am using and I think this the same you asking to do.

• July 27, 2017 3:51 AM EDT

Yes is correctly setup ... try to see what kind of settings you have also for Feeds widget in Layout Editor and also please post a picture with those ... thank you !

This post was edited by Deleted Member at July 27, 2017 3:53 AM EDT
    • 9 posts
    July 27, 2017 6:38 AM EDT

Hi Gabry thanks,
    Can you send a screenshot what you asking for?

• July 27, 2017 9:40 AM EDT

You can see in the picture the adv feed widget ...click on that one on edit and take some pictures with the options that you have ... you can find this in admin menu Appearance>Layout Editor

This post was edited by Deleted Member at July 27, 2017 9:41 AM EDT
    • 9 posts
    July 28, 2017 4:37 AM EDT

Hi Gabry ,

I found nothing after edit click.
    Please check screenshots

• July 28, 2017 5:40 AM EDT

Well it seems ok until now so ... my next ideas are like this:

1. Delete your error logs that you have until now ... then post some things on the wall like admin and like user (login as user) , then after some refreshes on the page where you have the feed wall check again your error log and see what you have in there

2.If you are on Mozilla try to check the errors on page using FireBug ..if you are on Chrome , just right click and choose Inspect ... see what kind of error you have on that page where you have the feed wall.Click on the red sign to open the error.

IMPORTANT: you must have on wall also the message problem with click to see new posts so you can see what kind of error can give the browser

The important errors will appear with a red sign .. i will attach you a picture with a test error

This post was edited by Deleted Member at July 28, 2017 5:41 AM EDT
  • gs
    • 297 posts
    July 28, 2017 2:03 PM EDT

@rajeshkrathor

Since this is a 3rd-Party product, what did the Dev have to say about this?  I had a similar issue with an Advanced Activity/Wall feed about a year ago but can't recall how it was resolved (but I contacted the Dev to do it since they know their software best).

• July 29, 2017 3:18 AM EDT

Hi @gs , well yes you are right , we tried to see maybe is something simple from some settings but i think in the end will be necessary to open a ticket to dev.

• 9 posts
    July 31, 2017 6:54 AM EDT

Hi @Gabry and @gs,

There isn't any error of such kind moreover, I can't connect to dev as there charges are high.

Moreover I found that there is some issue of subject 

$subject = Engine_Api::_()->getItem('user', $id);

I mean If I remove subject and stay with there old code than bug will be fixed but I wouldn't able to see my friends post.

I mean there could be some issue of setting subject here?
    When I am trying to setSubject than it is not doing anything?

Thanks

• September 9, 2017 9:52 PM EDT

Hey is this still an issue?

• 89 posts
    October 4, 2017 9:50 AM EDT

Is this SE Addons version?