SocialEngine PHP 4.9.3 Released!

• 6923 posts
    July 26, 2017 1:52 PM EDT

We're happy to announce the release of 4.9.3. This minor release fixes a LOT of bugs and has a few improvements as well. 

Please fully read the blog as it always contains install or upgrade instructions and it's a good idea to follow those.

Always backup your site before upgrading.

Check with third party experts for any products you may use before you upgrade. Make sure those products will work with the new version. 

If you find bugs, please post them in our forum section for those, one bug per thread.

Thank you!

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 26, 2017 2:03 PM EDT

Woo-Hoo!!!  Now we can finally get to some of the FRs

Thanks SE Team for all your time and effort to get to 4.09.03.  Both you and your work are greatly appreciated.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 26, 2017 2:12 PM EDT

After reading the blog I noticed something was missing (so I'm asking if it was fixed, just not included in the list; or if not fixed as per what I was told, then I'll ad it as a new bug):

Bug = Disabled Plugins/Themes interferring with site

Thank you.

This post was edited by gs at July 26, 2017 2:13 PM EDT
  • July 26, 2017 3:31 PM EDT

Hello , thank you for this , already updated and happy to see that some of important bugs has been resolved.

This post was edited by Deleted Member at July 26, 2017 5:29 PM EDT
  • July 26, 2017 3:33 PM EDT

Happy also that now the News & Updates are loading with ajax, good thinking for fast loading and not making problems , thank you specially to Donna for this , i know she put a good word for this fast fix

Also i can see that with this update the loading speed of my website has improved a lot , so again thank you for this.

This post was edited by Deleted Member at July 26, 2017 3:42 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 26, 2017 4:58 PM EDT
    Gabry said:

Hello , thank you for this , already updated and happy to see that some of important bugs has been resolved ... but still a very important bug has not been solved with inserting link into text or image using Rich Text Block , this is a quite very important feature that has appeared with 4.9.0 and still not solved ... also after update i have again the problem with the privacy settings in profile edit that they don't appear all when you click ...it was a fast solve for this on git hub but now after update i can see that has not been solved in the SE script ...

In this image i am trying to put a link to the image for downloading .. pressing the button nothing happens.

Anyone please remember how it was the fast fix from git hub for this problem with privacy ?

Thank you !

Please note that i asked for bugs to be reported in our bug section. Please do not post any bug issues in a release statement. Bug issues must be in the unindexed area for bugs. Thanks.

• 6923 posts
    July 26, 2017 4:59 PM EDT
    Gabry said:

Happy also that now the News & Updates are loading with ajax, good thinking for fast loading and not making problems , thank you specially to Donna for this , i know she put a good word for this fast fix

Also i can see that with this update the loading speed of my website has improved a lot , so again thank you for this.

Thank you! Glad you like it. You will see faster sites with bug fixes too as bugs can also slow a site some. Also, the team did a great job fixing so many bugs so Kudos to them for all of that.

Kudos to our clients for posting bugs and sticking in there with us.

• 6923 posts
    July 26, 2017 4:59 PM EDT
    gs said:

Woo-Hoo!!!  Now we can finally get to some of the FRs

Thanks SE Team for all your time and effort to get to 4.09.03.  Both you and your work are greatly appreciated.

Glad you like 4.9.3!

• 6923 posts
    July 26, 2017 5:00 PM EDT
    gs said:

After reading the blog I noticed something was missing (so I'm asking if it was fixed, just not included in the list; or if not fixed as per what I was told, then I'll ad it as a new bug):

Thank you.

I had asked yesterday and he said he has to look through the code to see if he put it in the version as it was fixed in the support ticket. I'll try to get an answer tomorrow as we had intended for it to be in this release.

• July 26, 2017 5:08 PM EDT

Thank you Donna , yes i know about bug section but i did not want to report a bug, this problems already have been reported on git hub, i just want it to talk about this new 4.9.3 release , what is good and what we still need to fix or improve ...of course if is necessary i will report again this problems in the bug section.

• 6923 posts
    July 26, 2017 5:16 PM EDT

Please talk about bugs in another thread.Thank you!

• 6923 posts
    July 26, 2017 5:22 PM EDT

For those of you on php versions below 7, you might want to upgrade your servers. The older php versions are deprecated by php and really not recommended. You'll see a speed improvement with php 7 as well. It also had security updates from older php version vulnerabilities. 

• 629 posts
    July 26, 2017 6:20 PM EDT

"• Fixed – Top Referring Sites page shows all referring URLs, changed to show up to 100."

Nooooooo I preferred the way it was. I reset my logs every month so I could get fresh stats and having this admin configurable would've been a better option.

• 629 posts
    July 26, 2017 6:21 PM EDT

Other than that, great update!

Speaking about logs, I want error logs sorted newest first.

• 629 posts
    July 26, 2017 6:23 PM EDT

Also while I'm on the subject of logs, I want pagination two.

• 629 posts
    July 26, 2017 6:24 PM EDT

Never mind I'm creating new feature requests for it.

• 6923 posts
    July 27, 2017 5:08 AM EDT
    Elshara Silverheart said:

"• Fixed – Top Referring Sites page shows all referring URLs, changed to show up to 100."

Nooooooo I preferred the way it was. I reset my logs every month so I could get fresh stats and having this admin configurable would've been a better option.

Sorry. We needed a quick fix for now as this was breaking big sites. We'll have to look at it in 4.10

• 6923 posts
    July 27, 2017 5:09 AM EDT
    gs said:

Thank you.

Yes, this was implemented in this version. laughing

• 6923 posts
    July 27, 2017 5:16 AM EDT

This community is running 4.9.3 btw

• 29 posts
    July 27, 2017 10:37 AM EDT

This is awesome news!

I love it already...especially the Ajax update stuff!

• 6923 posts
    July 27, 2017 11:08 AM EDT
    Wale said:

This is awesome news!

I love it already...especially the Ajax update stuff!

Thank you! Glad you like it.

• 348 posts
    July 28, 2017 12:15 AM EDT
    Donna said:

We're happy to announce the release of 4.9.3. This minor release fixes a LOT of bugs and has a few improvements as well. 

Please fully read the blog as it always contains install or upgrade instructions and it's a good idea to follow those.

Check with third party experts for any products you may use before you upgrade. Make sure those products will work with the new version. 

If you find bugs, please post them in our forum section for those, one bug per thread.

Thank you!

The recent SocialEngine upgrades have really been impressive. SocialEngine has emerged as a powerful software for building up social communities in the past few years. Upgrades addressing users issues/concerns has added to the robustness of this software. 

We have released a blog post announcing the compatibility of our plugins with SE PHP 4.9.3. https://www.socialengineaddons.com/content/compatibility-plugins-socialengine-php-493 
    All SocialEngineAddOns Plugins are compatible and will work fine with the latest SocialEngine version. 
    Looking for a professional hand to upgrade your SocialEngine website? Opt for our SocialEngine Upgrade service and get going: http://www.socialengineaddons.com/services/socialengine-installation-and-upgrade 
    Drop us a line at support01@socialengineaddons.com for any queries. 

• 6923 posts
    July 28, 2017 5:19 AM EDT
    SocialEngineAddOns said:
    Donna said:

Thank you!

The recent SocialEngine upgrades have really been impressive. SocialEngine has emerged as a powerful software for building up social communities in the past few years. Upgrades addressing users issues/concerns has added to the robustness of this software. 

We have released a blog post announcing the compatibility of our plugins with SE PHP 4.9.3. https://www.socialengineaddons.com/content/compatibility-plugins-socialengine-php-493 
    All SocialEngineAddOns Plugins are compatible and will work fine with the latest SocialEngine version. 
    Looking for a professional hand to upgrade your SocialEngine website? Opt for our SocialEngine Upgrade service and get going: http://www.socialengineaddons.com/services/socialengine-installation-and-upgrade 
    Drop us a line at support01@socialengineaddons.com for any queries. 

Thank you! Glad you like it. 

Note for upgrades, SocialEngine support also provides an upgrade service. 

• 6 posts
    July 28, 2017 6:12 AM EDT

Hello,

After upgrading to SE PHP 4.3.9 there is a issue with text on all themes look at the pictures 

Now I have found what caused this

.home-links-user .user {
    padding-left: 60px;
    font-size: 18px;
    font-weight: 600;

The font size 18 is too big but I have no clue in what css I have to look.

Can you give me the direction which css I have to edit.

With Regards,

Ferry 

This post was edited by Ferry at July 28, 2017 6:13 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 28, 2017 6:27 AM EDT

Please post issues in a new thread. Thank you.