Community

Forums » Website Feedback

Hi Everyone! What do you think?

    • 3688 posts
    July 3, 2017 9:00 AM EDT

    So here we are! New community for us to fill up with awesome posts. laughing

    It might be a loaded question, but what do you think of our new home? We hope you'll love it and help us to grow it into a vibrant SocialEngine community help forum. 

    Personally, I LOVE it! We have smileys!!! Yes, I love smileys. cool

     

    • 2 posts
    July 3, 2017 1:54 PM EDT

    It's all great, but we can also update Emojis instead smileys, could be more fun!
    Anyway, we love it as well!

    Happy Typing to all

    • 3688 posts
    July 3, 2017 1:57 PM EDT
    EXT FOX said:

    It's all great, but we can also update Emojis instead smileys, could be more fun!
    Anyway, we love it as well!

    Happy Typing to all

    I hope so at some point. Right now, this is using 4.9.2 with the smiley plugin added to TinyMCE (in addition to the code sample plugin). I'm happy to have smileys as well. smile

    • 1 posts
    July 3, 2017 1:58 PM EDT

    This is great and a loooooong time overdue! Thanks!

     

    • 3688 posts
    July 3, 2017 2:01 PM EDT
    ChunkyMonkey said:

    This is great and a loooooong time overdue! Thanks!

     

    Thank you for being part of it! laughing

    • 62 posts
    July 3, 2017 6:41 PM EDT

    Viewing the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy page links, there are none that you technically agree at the time of creating creating an account on the new forums.

    • 3688 posts
    July 4, 2017 4:36 AM EDT
    Casey said:

    Viewing the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy page links, there are none that you technically agree at the time of creating creating an account on the new forums.

    Thanks for bringing that up. I'll check it but our main site terms do mention that by using any Webligo sites you agree to the terms. I'll definitely check here too. :) Welcome aboard!

    • 3688 posts
    July 4, 2017 4:37 AM EDT

     You are correct. Our privacy and terms got erased somehow. Will fix that.

    • 3688 posts
    July 4, 2017 5:38 AM EDT
    Casey said:

    Viewing the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy page links, there are none that you technically agree at the time of creating creating an account on the new forums.

    Ok it's fixed! Thank you so much for letting us know. We had it all set but it decided to hide. 

    • 152 posts
    July 4, 2017 8:54 AM EDT

    this looks AMAAAZIIIING.

    think I will have steel this format for my site. ooops, did just say that out loud......

    if the SE police ask, my name is not mikel.

     

  • gs
    • 858 posts
    July 4, 2017 9:15 AM EDT

    looks better, but haven't used it much (obviously, it's brand new) so I have no clue about better functionality:

    A) how do I reply to someone's post?

    B) during signup I was forced to post a profile pic, but nothing stated that it was required (i.e. here's your existing image, upload seemed to be optional).  So I just located a 'blank' generic, non-gender image to upload. 

     

  • gs
    • 858 posts
    July 4, 2017 9:18 AM EDT

    C) how to edit a post?

    Also, I'd be willing to pay a fee to not have ads.  This is supposed to be a private forum (yes I realize it is accessible to 'the public' but I think you know what I mean - it's most likely for SE clients/devs so it's a business community type of forum), so I prefer to not have ads in my face during the reading/learning process. 


    This post was edited by gs at July 4, 2017 9:27 AM EDT
  • gs
    • 858 posts
    July 4, 2017 9:21 AM EDT

    Ah - although I signed-up and selected the Client profile, I didn't perform the separate subscribe process (now completed) so I now see the edit option.

    • 62 posts
    July 4, 2017 10:27 AM EDT
    Donna said:
    Casey said:

    Viewing the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy page links, there are none that you technically agree at the time of creating creating an account on the new forums.

    Ok it's fixed! Thank you so much for letting us know. We had it all set but it decided to hide. 

     

    You are welcome, I am seeing them on the pages now.

     

    • 3688 posts
    July 4, 2017 10:55 AM EDT
    mikel said:

    this looks AMAAAZIIIING.

    think I will have steel this format for my site. ooops, did just say that out loud......

    if the SE police ask, my name is not mikel.

     

    LOL. Feel free to use it. The theme Ray made here just shows some ways to change things. I set up the site to be a forum focus. Kept the profile feeds as a way of communication too. :)

    • 3688 posts
    July 4, 2017 10:58 AM EDT
    gs said:

    looks better, but haven't used it much (obviously, it's brand new) so I have no clue about better functionality:

    A) how do I reply to someone's post?

    B) during signup I was forced to post a profile pic, but nothing stated that it was required (i.e. here's your existing image, upload seemed to be optional).  So I just located a 'blank' generic, non-gender image to upload. 

     

    Glad you like the looks. :)

    A. You did reply :) or you can click the Quote button and quote one.

    B. This is a standard SEPHP install. That is how it works when it's required to load a profile photo. We hope to improve that in a future release. 

    • 3688 posts
    July 4, 2017 10:59 AM EDT
    gs said:

    C) how to edit a post?

    Also, I'd be willing to pay a fee to not have ads.  This is supposed to be a private forum (yes I realize it is accessible to 'the public' but I think you know what I mean - it's most likely for SE clients/devs so it's a business community type of forum), so I prefer to not have ads in my face during the reading/learning process. 

    We hadn't considered a subscription fee not to show ads but can discuss it. We really wanted to keep it free. 


    This post was edited by Donna at July 4, 2017 11:10 AM EDT
  • gs
    • 858 posts
    July 4, 2017 11:22 AM EDT

    ==>A. You did reply :) or you can click the Quote button and quote one.

    My bad.  I was hoping for some nesting rather than intermixing quotes all over the place.  But I forgot that SE Forum Plugin is limited in this regard.  So a reply isn't nested - it requires quoting an entire previous post  :(  Oh well.  As I mentioned a long time ago about the previous 'forum' we used here, we need a true Forum app.  IMHO this new forum offers some features/functionality that is a step forward from what we had, but is also lacking so it's a step backward too.  Again, just MHO.

    • 3688 posts
    July 4, 2017 11:59 AM EDT
    gs said:

    ==>A. You did reply :) or you can click the Quote button and quote one.

    My bad.  I was hoping for some nesting rather than intermixing quotes all over the place.  But I forgot that SE Forum Plugin is limited in this regard.  So a reply isn't nested - it requires quoting an entire previous post  :(  Oh well.  As I mentioned a long time ago about the previous 'forum' we used here, we need a true Forum app.  IMHO this new forum offers some features/functionality that is a step forward from what we had, but is also lacking so it's a step backward too.  Again, just MHO.

    We wanted to use our own product. It helps to get a feel for what clients are experiencing. :) I like it much better than the other set up as it's easier to follow the posts this way. I honestly don't like nested replies and my own forum at ScriptTechs doesn't have it set that way, though the option is there. However, we understand that clients have different likes and dislikes and we do need to improve this feature.

    • 246 posts
    July 5, 2017 1:10 AM EDT

    Hi Donna, 

    Moved the stuff under the correct forum.

    Thank You.


    This post was edited by SocialEngineAddOns at July 5, 2017 1:25 AM EDT
    • 69 posts
    July 5, 2017 3:03 AM EDT

    This is a good call! And a great example that SocialEngine will be using their main product for the community.

    • 3688 posts
    July 5, 2017 5:06 AM EDT
    SocialEngineAddOns said:

    Hi Donna, 

    Moved the stuff under the correct forum.

    Thank You.

    Ok :) 

    • 3688 posts
    July 5, 2017 5:07 AM EDT
    Eugene Sutula said:

    This is a good call! And a great example that SocialEngine will be using their main product for the community.

    Thank you Eugene! Great to see you here. laughing Love having these smileys too. Keep forgetting to use them. LOL

  • July 5, 2017 10:46 AM EDT

    I love the idea of this forum! I only wish we had a topic dashboard where we could see or manage the posts we've created. Hint, I might be active here.

    • 45 posts
    July 15, 2017 10:41 PM EDT

    There is advertisement on official SocialEngine community website. Is few $ worth it for bad image?