SE Dashboard - files missing; inability to download file

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 26, 2017 2:38 PM EDT

What are the steps to reproduce this issue? Display User Dashboard (first screenshot below) and notice Plugins missing.  Also, select the Zend Framework Upgrade.

… … …

What happens?  '...you don't have permission ...' page appears when selecting to download the Zend Framework Upgrade (second screenshot below).

What were you expecting to happen? To download the linked file and for all downloadable Plugins to be displayed and downloadable (since it states 'below you can download all ...') or to change this wording since it conflicts with the 'See all' link which actually displays all purchased Apps, but not the Upgrades & Resources.

Any logs, error output, etc?

Any other comments? If this should be moved to another Forum or needs to be split into 2 separate issues (both bugs or a bug + FR), please do so.  Thanks.

What versions of software are you using? N/A This is from your website, not mine.

Operating System: … Windows 7

SocialEngine PHP Version: … N/A This is from your website, not mine.

This post was edited by gs at July 26, 2017 2:39 PM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 26, 2017 5:02 PM EDT

The zend framework upgrade is not necessary. It is included and has been included in the 4.9.0 files and should not be used separately now. Please do not try to get it.

The rest of the plugins are in the link above the plugin files (I believe) as it's another page. Click to view all. I will go log in and get a screenshot.

• 6923 posts
    July 26, 2017 5:08 PM EDT

I can't get a screenshot for you but when I logged in earlier, there was a button to click to view all downloads. Right now, we have maintenance going on so I can't log in yet.

• 6923 posts
    July 26, 2017 5:11 PM EDT

Thread moved to website feedback as this is website issue.

• 6923 posts
    July 26, 2017 5:15 PM EDT

• 629 posts
    July 26, 2017 6:16 PM EDT

It's a download links issue. It's not just you who has this problem.

• 6923 posts
    July 27, 2017 5:01 AM EDT
    Elshara Silverheart said:

It's a download links issue. It's not just you who has this problem.

I'm not sure what the issue is as that image is from my client account. I downloaded the files without any issue.

• July 28, 2017 9:51 AM EDT

Hello , i also have this problem some times, when i try to download from my account appear that i don;t have the permission ... what i am doing is to clear the cache from browser and retry to download a few times until is working.

• 6923 posts
    July 28, 2017 10:55 AM EDT
    Gabry said:

Hello , i also have this problem some times, when i try to download from my account appear that i don;t have the permission ... what i am doing is to clear the cache from browser and retry to download a few times until is working.

Great tip. Yes browser cache can be finicky. Especially in chrome. 

• 474 posts
    July 28, 2017 1:23 PM EDT

Hei Folks.

I got same issue with the zend and got the same picture and I don't use chrome..

So just so I am clear...Question.. Do we need the zend framework ?

thanks mikel.

• 6923 posts
    July 31, 2017 4:28 AM EDT

Hi Mikel,

We don't need the zend framework as it's included in the core since 4.9.0.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 31, 2017 10:42 AM EDT

I was simply trying to download a file (for archive purposes as I still have some staging sites < 4.09 that will never be upgraded to 4.09) that was supposedly downloadable in my dashboard, so it seemed like a bug if I can't download something that is (supposedly) downloadable. 

• 6923 posts
    July 31, 2017 10:46 AM EDT

It wouldn't have been in there as a below 4.9.0 as we don't keep old version downloads in the dashboard. In all prior releases, old files were replaced with new files and no legacy downloads were present. With this, we simply removed the download for that. Even if we had not removed the download, it would have been the 4.9.0 version of zend which wouldn't have helped your situation. It is not a bug.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    July 31, 2017 10:59 AM EDT
    Donna said:

It wouldn't have been in there as a below 4.9.0 as we don't keep old version downloads in the dashboard. In all prior releases, old files were replaced with new files and no legacy downloads were present. With this, we simply removed the download for that. Even if we had not removed the download, it would have been the 4.9.0 version of zend which wouldn't have helped your situation. It is not a bug.

Confusion is on my end because it 'was there' as the screenshot shows, and it was from version 4.x - 4.9.1 so I had no idea it was for 4.09+ (due to the x).  I incorrectly assumed that 'Below you can download all the SocialEngine PHP products belonging to your account' actually meant what was stated because I was unable to download this file and 'all.. products belonging..' were not listed 'below' (yes, I see the link to the next page).

The point is simply this: I do my best to follow instructions so as to not bother the Support dept (of any product) so when I can't do what the instructions plainly state, I then ask why.  Had the instructions been different and accurate, I wouldn't have wasted anyone's time with this post

This post was edited by gs at July 31, 2017 10:59 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    July 31, 2017 3:44 PM EDT
    gs said:
    Donna said:

Confusion is on my end because it 'was there' as the screenshot shows, and it was from version 4.x - 4.9.1 so I had no idea it was for 4.09+ (due to the x).  I incorrectly assumed that 'Below you can download all the SocialEngine PHP products belonging to your account' actually meant what was stated because I was unable to download this file and 'all.. products belonging..' were not listed 'below' (yes, I see the link to the next page).

The point is simply this: I do my best to follow instructions so as to not bother the Support dept (of any product) so when I can't do what the instructions plainly state, I then ask why.  Had the instructions been different and accurate, I wouldn't have wasted anyone's time with this post

That is a great point. I didn't even notice the .x on there. I agree. We don't allow .x to be on plugins in the marketplace and shouldn't have had it on our downloads either. I'll talk to the team tomorrow as we are trying to get that download phrase removed. Sorry for the confusion and you didn't waste our time. We do like feedback and helping clients. We don't like confusing clients and take all efforts to improve as important. 

• 629 posts
    September 9, 2017 1:30 AM EDT

Cool. Glad to know this will be taken care of.