Sidebars collapse before Main Body

• 29 posts
    July 27, 2017 10:48 AM EDT

I am using Insigna theme.

And this is not so much of a big deal as I still like the theme generally, but am just wondering if there is a way to choose or hack which of the sidebars showup first when the page is reduced on smaller screen.

Me, I would love it to be Main (centered) block first, before the sidebars.

This way, bigger screen audience sees three columns and smaller screens see the main content first before the sidebars.

Imagine on Add New Album page, you want to show recent albums on either side, cool, for pc users, but on mobile, it means people have to actually scroll through those recent pictures before seeing the form they came looking for in the first place.

Again, this is not much of a hassle for me, as I can live without it.

But if there is a way that you guys are achieving this...I would love to know!

Thanks.

• 6923 posts
    July 27, 2017 11:10 AM EDT

I've not experimented with this but I would like to as well. I want online users to show first on my site, in mobile. I forgot to uncheck the hide on mobile so maybe it does and I just don't know it lol. I do understand your point though. I don't have a solution as I've not played with it yet. I will try to do that this weekend and will post if I figure anything out. Template stuff is not my strong suit.

• 29 posts
    July 27, 2017 11:14 AM EDT

Thinking more about it, I realised one needs the mobile plugin to make it really work...That way, you can just hide the blocks you dont want to show on mobile.

That should be a reasonable 40 bucks spend.

• 6923 posts
    July 27, 2017 11:16 AM EDT

Yes I use the mobile plugin on mine. It does work pretty well. 

• 629 posts
    September 9, 2017 4:13 AM EDT

That's actually a neat idea. You'll have to be careful though. I wish the layout editor could give you an option to hide a widget on the desktop site for pages the mobile and desktop view share.