Number of members decreasing

• 106 posts
    October 25, 2018 9:41 AM EDT

Hello,

The number of members increased to 180 a few days ago, and it's now decreasing since a few days. Even after disabling account deletion, the number of members continues to decrease.

Also I remark that after creating networks, the number of members on these doesn't correspond to the total number of members on my site. What can I do about these details ?

• 6923 posts
    October 26, 2018 4:22 AM EDT

Most likely it was spammers that came to the site if they didn't interact on it or perhaps the count was off? I'm not sure but in order to get members you need to be promoting the site somehow.

I'm not sure about your network issue as there isn't enough info. Can you post more info?

• 106 posts
    October 26, 2018 10:18 AM EDT

You mean that spammers can be removed automatically after some days without being active ?

I began to advertise on many websites so I expected to real members.

I created 3 networks : English, Español and Français. Then I placed the most of countries in the English network, Spain and South American countries in Español, France, Belgium and some others in Français.

• 6923 posts
    October 26, 2018 10:47 AM EDT

My bad. I thought you meant that it shot up and then no one else was joining. No they aren't deleted automatically. It takes time to build a site though. I am still not sure about your network issue. Do you have any screenshots of what you mean as far as the member counts not matching? I'm still on cell data so I am very limited.

• 106 posts
    October 26, 2018 11:33 AM EDT

I saw the difference between networks (97) and total number of members on Statistics in my home page (153).

And by checking members on admin panel, I can see that some members weren't been included in any network, others yes. It doesn't depends of if they joint my site before or after the creation of networks.

Also I see a second problem now, I made the Country field required and it appears on the Sign Up Form. But there are some members where we cannot see any country. It must be the reason for which they are not included in any network.

But there are some people for who we can see a country, and even some of them are not included in any network.

I could add them manually but I will become time consuming.