Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

• 12 posts
    October 27, 2018 8:15 AM EDT

Hi! After a few months of testing out Comet Chat, our organization has decided not to continue our subscription with them. As a result we wanted all that code removed from the site. Since the site isn't active yet, we decided to do a complete reinstall of Social Engine on our development site to ensure that all Comet Chat code was removed. TMD Hosting did the reinstallation and backed up our site, where the sign up process was working properly.

In rebuilding the site, I literally had two windows open, our live site and our dev site. I set up things for the sign up process to be the same (or so I thought). Unfortunately, I didn't test out the sign up process in development, and discovered the issue after TMD made a copy of it and it is live/in production.

For some reason the sign up process appears to be broken. I did read the article here: https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1642532-admin-panel---settings->-signup-process

I did not change the order of Subscriptions or Create account.  I looked to see if there was a way to reset the fields and start over, but I'm not able to find anything. To me that would be the ideal solution - set the sign up process back to the default.

Here's a link to some screen shots of what is going on including the error log: Screen Shots

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, I am learning as I go, but error logs and code are usually foreign to me. 

TIA

Nancy

This post was edited by nancers at October 27, 2018 8:17 AM EDT
    • 335 posts
    October 27, 2018 4:46 PM EDT

Good decision on not using Comet Chat - they have the worst customer service in the industry.

• 2594 posts
    October 29, 2018 5:02 AM EDT

Need to know the error that your error code goes to. Error codes are random letters and numbers that correspond to the error in your log file.

• 12 posts
    October 29, 2018 5:56 AM EDT

James, that is one of many reasons we have decided to cancel Comet Chat. I have never experienced customer service as poor as they had. And using the word "poor" is being kind.

Thanks for your response Donna. I'm such a newbie I'm unsure what error code to give you. I went into the warnings log for the first time and saw some there. I looked for the date I was testing and here are some of the codes that I saw:

2018-10-25T19:07:51+00:00 WARN (4): [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (/home/wfsonline/dev.wfsonline.org/application/modules/Activity/widgets/feed/index.tpl) [219]
    Error Code: 342383

2018-10-25T19:23:56+00:00 WARN (4): [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (/home/wfsonline/dev.wfsonline.org/application/modules/Activity/widgets/feed/index.tpl) [219]
    Error Code: 6d392b

2018-10-25T19:24:10+00:00 WARN (4): [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (/home/wfsonline/dev.wfsonline.org/application/modules/Activity/widgets/feed/index.tpl) [219]
    Error Code: aba484

2018-10-25T19:24:16+00:00 WARN (4): [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (/home/wfsonline/dev.wfsonline.org/application/modules/Activity/widgets/feed/index.tpl) [219]
    Error Code: 5cfa4f

2018-10-25T19:26:08+00:00 WARN (4): [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (/home/wfsonline/dev.wfsonline.org/application/modules/Activity/widgets/feed/index.tpl) [219]
    Error Code: 88d74b

Does that help? If not, let me know in more detail what it is that I'm looking for. Sorry to be such a noob. undecided

• 2594 posts
    October 29, 2018 6:37 AM EDT

We need the error log. The warnings log won't be of help. 

• 2594 posts
    October 29, 2018 6:55 AM EDT

If you aren't sure how to check, the error log is in the same place as the warnings log. You do want to clear those out periodically as they will slow your site as they consume resources. If you have active support, you could send a ticket.

• 12 posts
    October 30, 2018 5:27 AM EDT

Hi again Donna,

I took a screen shot of the error log after I downloaded it and put it in my original post but it's probably too small to see....https://i.postimg.cc/5N0YSwwy/Screen-Shot-2018-10-27-at-8-14-39-AM.png

Here's some of the errors from the day I was testing, I hope that's what you are looking for. Thank you SO MUCH for your help!

2018-10-26T16:26:10+00:00 CRIT (2): exception 'Zend_Form_Exception' with message 'Invalid name provided; must contain only valid variable characters and be non-empty' in /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Form/Element.php:504
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Form/Element.php(252): Zend_Form_Element->setName('')
    #1 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Form.php(1134): Zend_Form_Element->__construct('', Array)
    #2 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Form.php(263): Zend_Form->createElement('Text', '', Array)
    #3 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Form.php(1043): Engine_Form->createElement('Text', '', Array)
    #4 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Form.php(247): Zend_Form->addElement('Text', '', Array)
    #5 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Form/Email.php(41): Engine_Form->addElement('Text', '', Array)
    #6 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/User/Form/Signup/Account.php(65): Engine_Form_Email->addEmailElement(Array)
    #7 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Form.php(239): User_Form_Signup_Account->init()
    #8 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Form.php(146): Zend_Form->__construct(NULL)
    #9 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Core/Plugin/FormSequence/Abstract.php(71): Engine_Form->__construct()
    #10 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Core/Plugin/FormSequence/Abstract.php(162): Core_Plugin_FormSequence_Abstract->getForm()
    #11 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Core/Controller/Action/Helper/FormSequence.php(145): Core_Plugin_FormSequence_Abstract->onSubmit(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
    #12 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Core/Controller/Action/Helper/FormSequence.php(43): Core_Controller_Action_Helper_FormSequence->doSubmit()
    #13 [internal function]: Core_Controller_Action_Helper_FormSequence->direct()
    #14 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/HelperBroker.php(328): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #15 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/User/controllers/SignupController.php(51): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->__call('formSequence', Array)
    #16 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/User/controllers/SignupController.php(51): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->formSequence()
    #17 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): User_SignupController->indexAction()
    #18 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('indexAction')
    #19 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/View/Helper/Action.php(135): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
    #20 [internal function]: Zend_View_Helper_Action->action('index', 'signup', 'user', Array)
    #21 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(350): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #22 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/User/widgets/login-or-signup-popup/index.tpl(23): Zend_View_Abstract->__call('action', Array)
    #23 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/User/widgets/login-or-signup-popup/index.tpl(23): Zend_View->action('index', 'signup', 'user', Array)
    #24 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/View.php(157): include('/home/wfsonline...')
    #25 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(888): Zend_View->_run('/home/wfsonline...')
    #26 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Content/Widget/Abstract.php(292): Zend_View_Abstract->render('application/mod...')
    #27 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Content/Widget/Abstract.php(258): Engine_Content_Widget_Abstract->renderScript()
    #28 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Content/Element/Widget.php(73): Engine_Content_Widget_Abstract->render(NULL)
    #29 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Content/Element/Abstract.php(583): Engine_Content_Element_Widget->_render()
    #30 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Content/Decorator/Children.php(31): Engine_Content_Element_Abstract->render()
    #31 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Content/Element/Abstract.php(594): Engine_Content_Decorator_Children->render('')
    #32 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Content/Decorator/Children.php(31): Engine_Content_Element_Abstract->render()
    #33 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Content/Element/Abstract.php(594): Engine_Content_Decorator_Children->render('')
    #34 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Content.php(219): Engine_Content_Element_Abstract->render()
    #35 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/View/Helper/Content.php(47): Engine_Content->render('footer')
    #36 [internal function]: Engine_View_Helper_Content->content('footer')
    #37 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(350): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #38 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Core/layouts/scripts/default.tpl(16): Zend_View_Abstract->__call('content', Array)
    #39 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Core/layouts/scripts/default.tpl(16): Zend_View->content('footer')
    #40 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/View.php(157): include('/home/wfsonline...')
    #41 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/View/Abstract.php(888): Zend_View->_run('/home/wfsonline...')
    #42 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Layout.php(796): Zend_View_Abstract->render('default.tpl')
    #43 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Layout/Controller/Plugin/Layout.php(143): Zend_Layout->render()
    #44 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Plugin/Broker.php(333): Zend_Layout_Controller_Plugin_Layout->postDispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
    #45 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(965): Zend_Controller_Plugin_Broker->postDispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
    #46 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(84): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
    #47 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(160): Core_Bootstrap->run()
    #48 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/index.php(223): Engine_Application->run()
    #49 /home/wfsonline/public_html/boot.php(47): include('/home/wfsonline...')
    #50 /home/wfsonline/public_html/index.php(24): Engine_Boot->boot()
    #51 {main}
    2018-10-26T16:30:09+00:00 CRIT (2):
    Error Code: 27a7ed
    exception 'Zend_Form_Exception' with message 'Invalid name provided; must contain only valid variable characters and be non-empty' in /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Form/Element.php:504
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Form/Element.php(252): Zend_Form_Element->setName('')
    #1 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Form.php(1134): Zend_Form_Element->__construct('', Array)
    #2 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Form.php(263): Zend_Form->createElement('Text', '', Array)
    #3 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Form.php(1043): Engine_Form->createElement('Text', '', Array)
    #4 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Form.php(247): Zend_Form->addElement('Text', '', Array)
    #5 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Form/Email.php(41): Engine_Form->addElement('Text', '', Array)
    #6 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/User/Form/Signup/Account.php(65): Engine_Form_Email->addEmailElement(Array)
    #7 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Form.php(239): User_Form_Signup_Account->init()
    #8 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Form.php(146): Zend_Form->__construct(NULL)
    #9 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Core/Plugin/FormSequence/Abstract.php(71): Engine_Form->__construct()
    #10 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Core/Plugin/FormSequence/Abstract.php(162): Core_Plugin_FormSequence_Abstract->getForm()
    #11 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Core/Controller/Action/Helper/FormSequence.php(145): Core_Plugin_FormSequence_Abstract->onSubmit(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
    #12 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Core/Controller/Action/Helper/FormSequence.php(43): Core_Controller_Action_Helper_FormSequence->doSubmit()
    #13 [internal function]: Core_Controller_Action_Helper_FormSequence->direct()
    #14 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action/HelperBroker.php(328): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #15 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/User/controllers/SignupController.php(51): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->__call('formSequence', Array)
    #16 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/User/controllers/SignupController.php(51): Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker->formSequence()
    #17 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): User_SignupController->indexAction()
    #18 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('indexAction')
    #19 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
    #20 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(84): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
    #21 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(160): Core_Bootstrap->run()
    #22 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/index.php(223): Engine_Application->run()
    #23 /home/wfsonline/public_html/boot.php(47): include('/home/wfsonline...')
    #24 /home/wfsonline/public_html/index.php(24): Engine_Boot->boot()
    #25 {main}

• 2594 posts
    October 30, 2018 5:40 AM EDT

The name someone is trying to use is either empty or has invalid characters. In most cases this is from someone using a space in the name such as Fred Flintstone instead of FredFlintstone. Urls cannot contain spaces and the profile address cannot contain spaces due to that.

• 12 posts
    October 30, 2018 5:51 AM EDT

Would that include underscores? The name I was testing had an underscore in it.

• 2594 posts
    October 30, 2018 5:53 AM EDT

Underscores are not alphanumeric. Alphanumeric are just letters and numbers. :)