Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

Customisable theme

• 69 posts
    November 25, 2018 5:44 AM EST
    Hello fellow SE owners.

I’ve checked the marketplace and I’ve seen many themes and they look nice but I’m stuck.

I want to get a theme that’s easy for myself to customise after purchase. It would be minor changes but I plan on a full on change on the landing page CSS.

I’ve purchased the PWA from SocialEngineAddons and I’ve fed back a couple issues I’ve found which they’ve said they’ll get checked when back in business hours which will be tomorrow so that’s great. I still feel this addon could do with more work around the landing page but that’s something I’ll fedback to them.

What I’m asking of you is what theme would you reccomend for being able to alter?
    I’m looking for responsive, reliable updates by the developers as in at least within a week of bugs reported, something that looks modern also and not from the 2000’s

Thanks all
    • 2594 posts
    November 25, 2018 5:56 PM EST

Well, for my author site I'm using insignia right now as I'm waiting to see if TemplateMechanic releases any of his. I was using Atlas which is a fully responsive theme by SocialEngine but I'm not adept with LESS and I messed it up when I customized it. I did have it looking nice until I messed with some mobile stuffs. 

What is the "PWA" ?

• 69 posts
    November 25, 2018 6:05 PM EST

Progressive Web Application, its essentially mobile web view. 

I've purchased some plugins from SES but its telling me i need a the core plugin which isnt available in the my account area which i have ticketed them about but not heard back yet which im assuming is a timezone thing. 

I saw someone mention the spectro media theme which looks the part but i was put off by some of its features require other plugins to work. 

• 157 posts
    November 26, 2018 6:44 AM EST
    PeppaPigKilla said:
    Hello fellow SE owners. I’ve checked the marketplace and I’ve seen many themes and they look nice but I’m stuck. I want to get a theme that’s easy for myself to customise after purchase. It would be minor changes but I plan on a full on change on the landing page CSS. I’ve purchased the PWA from SocialEngineAddons and I’ve fed back a couple issues I’ve found which they’ve said they’ll get checked when back in business hours which will be tomorrow so that’s great. I still feel this addon could do with more work around the landing page but that’s something I’ll fedback to them. What I’m asking of you is what theme would you reccomend for being able to alter? I’m looking for responsive, reliable updates by the developers as in at least within a week of bugs reported, something that looks modern also and not from the 2000’s Thanks all

Hi Paul,

Our team has communicated with you in regards to the issue you are facing while using our plugin and working on it on priority. We will provide you a solution very soon.

Best Regards,

Team SocialEngineAddOns

• 69 posts
    November 26, 2018 6:49 AM EST

Thank you SocialEngineAddOns. 

• 69 posts
    November 27, 2018 11:44 AM EST

Urgh im back with issues. 

I bought the spectro media theme which didnt work out the gate for me, SES have fixed the issue but now the SEAO PWA no longer loads a style sheet. 

one fixes one that breaks the other and vice versa. Bit annoyed as i paid $119 for the PWA and I know if SEAO fix it, it will probably break my theme and then im back to square one

• 157 posts
    November 28, 2018 7:40 AM EST
    PeppaPigKilla said:

Urgh im back with issues. 

I bought the spectro media theme which didnt work out the gate for me, SES have fixed the issue but now the SEAO PWA no longer loads a style sheet. 

one fixes one that breaks the other and vice versa. Bit annoyed as i paid $119 for the PWA and I know if SEAO fix it, it will probably break my theme and then im back to square one

Hi Paul,

We have fixed this issue on your website. Please check and confirm!

If you have any further queries/concerns in regards to our plugin, please reach out to us at sales@socialengineaddons.com. We would be happy to help you.

Best Regards,

Team SocialEngineAddOns

• November 30, 2018 1:05 AM EST

SE default themes only have 2 files to edit. Template Mechanics has only developed PHPFox themes, so I don't think they're compatible in any way with Social engine. If you want to customize specific css style sheets for specific pages, I recommend editing the default theme, after cloning it and renaming it to something else. For tips on how to do this, download the legacy themes.zip from social engine account area. You'll be able to see all the files which go into a theme and customize them offline. Then simply apply the edited theme via the package manager when you're done. You can use w3schools to help you address any css syntax errors along the way. Otherwise if you want a front end GUI interface to manage theme development, it isn't certified, but the profile styles plugin from Younet may help you get some of the core backgrounds, fonts, and colors in your theme. AS admin, it should be easy to just apply that theme to a specific page on the site.

• 2594 posts
    November 30, 2018 4:55 AM EST
    Elshara Silverheart said:

SE default themes only have 2 files to edit. Template Mechanics has only developed PHPFox themes, so I don't think they're compatible in any way with Social engine. If you want to customize specific css style sheets for specific pages, I recommend editing the default theme, after cloning it and renaming it to something else. For tips on how to do this, download the legacy themes.zip from social engine account area. You'll be able to see all the files which go into a theme and customize them offline. Then simply apply the edited theme via the package manager when you're done. You can use w3schools to help you address any css syntax errors along the way. Otherwise if you want a front end GUI interface to manage theme development, it isn't certified, but the profile styles plugin from Younet may help you get some of the core backgrounds, fonts, and colors in your theme. AS admin, it should be easy to just apply that theme to a specific page on the site.

TemplateMechanic has 20+ SE themes they made and haven't released to the public. As he's my partner in BryZar, I'm aware of these and am hoping he releases them as I want one for my own site lol. If he releases them, they'll be certified.

• November 30, 2018 4:29 PM EST

Good to know. Sorry for the misinformation. He made lots of cool stuff for other platforms, and so it would be great to see more themes hit the SE marketplace.