Themes full site to mobile site

• 474 posts
    November 29, 2018 11:44 AM EST

Hei Folks..

Just a question..
    I am wondering if anyone knows if you can swap the standard way sites work..

at moment for my Pc im in full site mode as standard . when I m on my mobile device im then in mobile version which I like better.

Since now most sites are accessed from mobile devices, is there a real need to keep / have  the full site version.

At moment we have an option in plugins: mobi enable / disable.

is it possible to not have a full site version and only have a mobile version so that whether on Pc or mobile the site is the same.

Ideas ???

thanks mikel.

• 629 posts
    November 30, 2018 12:30 AM EST

I know how to achieve the exact opposite. It's likely possible to do this using template edits so that the mobile plugin loads for larger width sizes, and more devices. As opposed to all width sizes and screen resolutions below a certain cut off point.

I'm not sure how to achieve this functionality but I think that's where the switch over can be more or less automatic.

I despise the mobile plugin because I can't upload any content through it. So I've disabled it. Also, not all menus tend to load for me using the mobile plugin.

• 474 posts
    December 6, 2018 9:41 AM EST

Thanks Elshara.

Maybe future themes can be created that only has one version. where a site is built as mobile version looks like mobile version and has mobile version layout but works exactly the same on none mobile devices.

thanks.

mikel.

• 6923 posts
    December 6, 2018 10:16 AM EST

That would be a responsive theme which we do have coming. Atlas is the closest thing I know of that is fully responsive and doesn't require the mobile plugin. In fact, it requires the mobile plugin to be disabled. 

• gs
    • 857 posts
    December 6, 2018 1:25 PM EST

Maybe a customization to an extremely responsive Responsive Theme such as SES' Spectromedia in order to force what you want globally.

==> '...Since now most sites are accessed from mobile devices, is there a real need to keep / have  the full site version...'

Personally I think so.  What I like about a very responsive Responsive Theme is that it's 'smart' in displaying widgets/content based on the resolution of the device (ex. 1 or 2 or 3 columns).  Just MHO.

• 474 posts
    December 8, 2018 2:52 PM EST

Thanks Folks...
    Some great info here..

Think im going to wait and see how SE responsive theme works out for me. might give Atlas a trial...but il have to check with SEAO first about compatibility as I have many seao plugins on my site.

Thanks Folks.

• 348 posts
    December 12, 2018 5:06 AM EST
    mikel said:

Hei Folks..

Just a question..
    I am wondering if anyone knows if you can swap the standard way sites work..

at moment for my Pc im in full site mode as standard . when I m on my mobile device im then in mobile version which I like better.

Since now most sites are accessed from mobile devices, is there a real need to keep / have  the full site version.

At moment we have an option in plugins: mobi enable / disable.

is it possible to not have a full site version and only have a mobile version so that whether on Pc or mobile the site is the same.

Ideas ???

thanks mikel.

Hi Mikel,

You can go for our Mobile / Tablet Plugin - Progressive Web Apps to run your website in responsive view in mobile browser.

Best Regards,

Team SocialEngineAddOns

• 474 posts
    December 14, 2018 11:36 AM EST

Thanks SEAO.
    Just had a look at your suggestion...

Il give your ' mobile / tablet plugin pwa' a try next month. I want to try and tidy up my site first.. got a few ideas I need to think about in regards to ' stores marketplace plugin'.

thanks SEAO.

mikel.

• 348 posts
    December 17, 2018 12:24 AM EST
    mikel said:

Thanks SEAO.
    Just had a look at your suggestion...

Il give your ' mobile / tablet plugin pwa' a try next month. I want to try and tidy up my site first.. got a few ideas I need to think about in regards to ' stores marketplace plugin'.

thanks SEAO.

mikel.

Hi Mikel,

You can reach out to us at sales@socialengineaddons.com if you need any assistance. We would be happy to help you.

Best Regards,

Team SocialEngineAddOns