Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

I need to change the names of my buttons and move them

• 43 posts
    December 11, 2018 6:53 PM EST

I need to change the names of my buttons.  I also need to move the location of my buttons.  How do I do this? 

• 2691 posts
    December 12, 2018 4:48 AM EST

Please post more information such as which buttons and screenshots. Note that most things are changed in your language manager for your language pack you are using and if you have more than one pack, you need to do it for each pack. Tutorials are in the knowledgebase for working with the phrase manager.

• 43 posts
    January 6, 2019 9:01 PM EST

The buttons that I need to be be able to move and change the name of, can be seen in the screenshots below.  Could you possibly direct me to the file folders where the code with instructions as to these button's text and location are?

• 43 posts
    January 6, 2019 9:02 PM EST

• 2691 posts
    January 7, 2019 4:45 AM EST

Not everything is done via a file. It's actually the last place you would edit things as you can break stuff and can cause problems for upgrades. Plus, you'll find your changes deleted when you upgrade.

I've moved this to the third party area as the shots you are showing look to be a Discussions plugin. It's best to ask the expert who made that plugin. If it's not a plugin, I can move it back to the SEPHP area. 

The best place to change names of things would be the language manager. This way, upgrades don't impact your changes.

To move the location you would use the menu manager.