Groups

• 217 posts
    December 11, 2018 8:21 PM EST

How do I make the groups function/plugin appear on my site at werunthehouse.org?

Also, as admin I would like to manually add users to a group as they register.  Will this allow me to message the entire group so they all get something in their inbox?  Can this be set so only admin can message the group to avoid spam? 

I have already read through this post in the SE knowledgbase: https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/en/portal/articles/1638271-admin-panel---plugins->-groups?b_id=14386

• 6923 posts
    December 12, 2018 5:03 AM EST

Do you have the plugin installed? If so, it should be in your menus. If it isn't in the menus and is installed, please check your menus to ensure the menu is active and that the user group you are testing with has access to Groups. I don't know any way to add users to a group other than just inviting them and having the group set to officers invite only. I don't know if that will work as you want it. It seems like you'll need a customization to do everything you want.

• 217 posts
    December 12, 2018 9:32 PM EST

It looks like my developers have added the group plugin and it is a tab item called "interests."  I have created a new group and it is not showing up in my interests tab after creating it, so that's the first problem if you can weight in on that.

Also, can I as admin force all members to be my friends?  I need to be able to assign them to groups relating to their congressional district and it looks like I will have to do that manually for now so I need users to be my friends to do that.. 

• 6923 posts
    December 13, 2018 4:55 AM EST

Are you using the SocialEngine Groups or the third party plugin for Interests perhaps? 

No you can't force friendships but you should be able to send messages to non-friends if you set that in the member level settings for your member level.