Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

PWA Plugins

• 353 posts
    December 16, 2018 4:06 PM EST

The recent PWA plugins are intriguing to me and I am looking for feedback from people who use them on live sites as to what you think.

Anyone running them or have personal experience with what the benefits are? My site is not App Store friendly so this looks like a good alternative for this to help my mobile engagement. 

Specifically is it easy for the end user to use (deploy on their phone) and are there performance and UI gains in having it over a responsive template?

• December 22, 2018 11:58 AM EST

Hello @James, We have tried to cover some Difference Between Responsive View, PWA Plugin & Native Apps. Please find them below:

We would be glad to answer any further doubt.

If you want, you can purchase the PWA plugin from here: https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/app/pwa-plugin-for-mobiles-tablets at Flat 30% discount till 6th January, 2019.

Regards

Team SocialEngineSolutions (SES)

This post was edited by SocialEngineSolutions at December 22, 2018 12:01 PM EST
    • 127 posts
    December 22, 2018 1:37 PM EST

Hi james. 

I use a PWA and to be honest its massively over priced for what you get. I'm not happy with mine and had issues with it from the moment I installed it. Some of the issues were resolved, but overall performance I wanst happy with. 

Positives though is its own theme ( which is just changing the primar and secondary colors ). 

Save you're money and wait for a reliable native app developer. Or outsource it to someone if you can do. Nothing but horror stories with the main 2 third party developers. 

This post is fairly negative and thats because ive had a negative experience with it. I'd rather be honest than say it will be fine. 

• gs
    • 837 posts
    December 30, 2018 9:27 AM EST

@SES

Does your PWA replace my SpectroMedia Theme, or do they somehow work together (if so, please explain further)?  thank you.

• January 7, 2019 3:25 AM EST
    gs said:

@SES

Does your PWA replace my SpectroMedia Theme, or do they somehow work together (if so, please explain further)?  thank you.

@GS: We apologize for the delayed response due to Holidays and pending work here.

No, the PWA plugin is independent of your website theme as this plugin has its own theme. This plugin comes with its own 12 pre configured themes.

Hope our reply help you. If you have any other doubt, then please post in reply, we would be glad to reply you.

Regards
    Team SES (SocialEngineSolutions)

This post was edited by SocialEngineSolutions at January 7, 2019 3:25 AM EST