Events - Recurring or Duplicating?

• 128 posts
    December 17, 2018 9:08 AM EST

Hello all,

We have a group of moderators who hold weekly online chats and will need a way to publish that information. On our current forum there is a calendar where they can create the event, and either make it a weekly recurring event or they can duplicate the event and then edit as needed.

I have been playing around with the Event plugin, and it's pretty cool. There are a lot of features that can be added to the events that we don't currently have, so I know the moderators will love that.

I'm not seeing a way to duplicate an event or make it recurring so that the moderators don't have to start from scratch each week to post the description of their online meeting. I can already hear thier groans when I tell them they have to create a new event each week.

I'm hoping I'm just missing something and there's a way that events can be duplicated and edited easily.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
    Nancy

• 6923 posts
    December 19, 2018 5:12 AM EST

I don't know a way to do that. You may need a third party plugin.

• 378 posts
    December 21, 2018 6:56 PM EST

I brought this idea to SES for their advanced events plugin and they said they would look at it for future iterations. Message them and inquire, it will help them to decide to do it quicker of more people want it!

• December 22, 2018 2:47 AM EST
    ITLJames said:

I brought this idea to SES for their advanced events plugin and they said they would look at it for future iterations. Message them and inquire, it will help them to decide to do it quicker of more people want it!

@ITLJames: Thank you for recommending us.

@nancers: we would be glad to reply to your queries, please feel free to file a support ticket for the same.

Regards

Team SocialEngineSolutions (SES)

• 128 posts
    December 26, 2018 6:08 AM EST

Thanks for your responses everyone, I will file a support ticket. 

• 6923 posts
    December 26, 2018 12:54 PM EST

@SES, please when suggesting clients contact support, be more clear that you mean your own support and provide a link to your expert profile on the SocialEngine marketplace so that clients don't have a longer wait due to sending the tickets to us.