Community

Forums » Feature Requests to Experts

Emoji/Emoticons in Chat

• 30 posts
    December 19, 2018 10:17 AM EST

Currently the Emoticons that are available in the Activity feed, etc., are not available in the Chat rooms. I'm wondering how hard it would be to add that feature? A few emoticons can be used via typing the :) or ;).

Our community is strictly women, so the lack of emoji in chat is likely to cause a tidal wave. cry

• December 22, 2018 2:45 AM EST
    nancers said:

Currently the Emoticons that are available in the Activity feed, etc., are not available in the Chat rooms. I'm wondering how hard it would be to add that feature? A few emoticons can be used via typing the :) or ;).

Our community is strictly women, so the lack of emoji in chat is likely to cause a tidal wave. cry

@Nancers: We would be glad to assist you with this work. If you need it kindly leave a message to our support team and we would be glad to assist you.

Regards

Team SocialEngineSolutions (SES)

This post was edited by SocialEngineSolutions at December 22, 2018 2:47 AM EST
    • 92 posts
    December 22, 2018 1:41 PM EST

I could be off the mark here but I think its down to setting the code in the header 

<meta charset="utf8">

I experienced that some emojis wouldnt show other than being ??? instead of laughing

I'm told the above edit should resolve it. 

• 30 posts
    December 26, 2018 6:49 AM EST

Thanks for your responses. I tried adding the code to the header, but it messed up my header, so I'm sure I was putting it in the wrong place, lol. I'll leave a message for the SES support team as suggested and hope for the best.

• December 26, 2018 8:04 AM EST
    nancers said:

Thanks for your responses. I tried adding the code to the header, but it messed up my header, so I'm sure I was putting it in the wrong place, lol. I'll leave a message for the SES support team as suggested and hope for the best.

@nancers: We will wait for your ticket to assist you better.

Regards

Team SocialEngineSolutions (SES)

• 2797 posts
    December 26, 2018 12:55 PM EST

@SES, please when suggesting clients contact support, be more clear that you mean your own support and provide a link to your expert profile on the SocialEngine marketplace so that clients don't have a longer wait due to sending the tickets to us.

• December 27, 2018 12:47 AM EST
    Donna said:

@SES, please when suggesting clients contact support, be more clear that you mean your own support and provide a link to your expert profile on the SocialEngine marketplace so that clients don't have a longer wait due to sending the tickets to us.

Okay Donna. We will post a link to our Expert profile with our own support link.

Regards
    Team SES