Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

SEAO Mobile Activity Feed

• 7 posts
    December 28, 2018 1:36 PM EST

Is there really no option to remove the ability to post status updates from the activity feed in the SEAO mobile plugin? If anyone knows how, please let me know.

Thanks!

• 341 posts
    December 28, 2018 6:49 PM EST

You should be able to control that via member levels - what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

• 7 posts
    December 28, 2018 9:11 PM EST

Thanks for your response.

I have it set to not allow status updates via member levels, but on the mobile version, the status update box shows up anyway with no option to take it away. Posting in the box seemingly does nothing, but it will be very confusing for members to see the box, post in the box, and have the post never show.

What I am trying to accomplish is to have no place to post the status update. On the desktop version, I can accomplish this. Not on mobile seemingly with SEAO mobile plugin.

• gs
    • 824 posts
    December 29, 2018 9:25 AM EST

Any particular reason you're using their Mobile Plugin instead of a responsive theme?  I ask because I gave up on using SE and SEAO Mobile once I found an excellent, very responsive Responsive Theme (SES' Spectromedia).

• 7 posts
    December 29, 2018 10:51 AM EST

Thanks for your reply. I wanted something that fit mobile perfectly, not just a responsive theme that does just a pretty good job. However, it now looks like a responsive theme will do a better job than the mobile plugin. Pretty sad.

I guess I will go looking for a theme now. I'll definitely check further into the one you're using, as it looks pretty nice. Do you use plugins other than SES with it? My main concern now is compatibility.

• 341 posts
    December 29, 2018 1:36 PM EST

I agree with GS - for compatibility once I chose my theme (an SES one) I stuck with all of their plugins to ensure I would not have compatibility issues

• gs
    • 824 posts
    December 29, 2018 5:43 PM EST

==> '... Do you use plugins other than SES with it? My main concern now is compatibility....'

Yes, from about 8 3PDs.  There were some minor .css issues but they were all quickly resolved.  I gave up on the SE Mobile Plugin early on after wasting dozens of hrs trying to make it work, then did the same with SEAO's, but SES' SpectroMedia saved the day (even looks great on my 6yo Droid4 phone).  I learned the hard way that 'responsive' may be a yes/no in theory, but in reality it's about how responsive it is.  SpecttoMedia is incredible (PM me if you wish to take a look at my dev site using whatever devices you wish; plus you could get a feel for how many Plugins from many 3PDs look and work together).

• 7 posts
    December 30, 2018 9:00 AM EST

Thanks gs and James. I ended up ditching the mobile plugin and now the site looks and functions way better on mobile. I went with the theme from SEAO just for extra peace of mind that everything will work together as it should.

• 166 posts
    December 31, 2018 8:10 AM EST
    Twistrs said:

Is there really no option to remove the ability to post status updates from the activity feed in the SEAO mobile plugin? If anyone knows how, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hi Twistrs,

It seems you are referring to our Progressive Web Apps Plugin here. 

Progressive Web Apps have different layouts as compared to Desktop view and to disable the Status Box you need to make changes in the Admin Panel separately following below path :

Admin Panel >> Plugins >> SEAO- Progressive Web Apps >> Layout Editor >> Editing : Members Home page

The Progressive Web Apps is a certified plugin that utilises modern web capabilities to deliver an app-like experience to users and offers various benefits over a Responsive Theme to users such as scoring high in SEO and loading speed acceleration, etc. To know more please click here.

In case of any queries, please reach out to us at sales@socialengineaddons.com. We would be happy to help you.

Best Regards,

Team SocialEngineAddOns

• 7 posts
    December 31, 2018 11:56 AM EST

Thanks for the response. This is no longer an issue for me as I have dumped the PWA plugin. In my opinion the site is way better with the responsive design over the mobile plugin.