Task Scheduler

• 19 posts
    January 2, 2019 1:06 AM EST

Hello!

My issue was with the task scheduler. It was not running. I was trying to set up with Sendgrid and noticed I could not the email function to work. I asked TMD if they could check into why the task scheduler was not working. This is what they did to fix the issue. I am quoting here:

We would like to inform you that we have been able to resolve the reported issue by changing the task scheduler settings to Cron execution.

Now the same, are properly executing which you may verify by simply accessing your admin area -> Task Scheduler.

Also, the cron execution is written in the following SocialEngine log:

==> tasks.log <==
    2018-12-31T18:12:02+00:00 NOTICE (0): Cron Execute Result: 1
    2018-12-31T18:13:01+00:00 NOTICE (0): Cron Execute Result: 1

Please have in mind that in order for us to be able to configure the Cron method, your website's maintenance page had to be disabled.

If you re-enable it, the task scheduler will no longer work as the wget method will not have access to:

The scheduler is working now and so is my email. The problem I am having with this fix is the inability to put my site in maintenance mode without disabling the fix. This has not been the case in the past. Is this a normal fix for the task scheduler? I have not talked with TMD. I wanted to ask here since you all are SE experts. Any thoughts are appreciated!

This post was edited by Xplorest at January 2, 2019 1:07 AM EST
    • 6923 posts
    January 2, 2019 4:49 AM EST

Maintenance mode is for when you need to maintain the site and set it offline so that only those with a password can access it. I don't see a need for the task scheduler to run in maintenance mode but if you need it, use the javascript method which works fine and should work with maintenance mode. https://demo.socialengine.com/admin/tasks/settings our demo is set as such due to specific security settings.

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at January 2, 2019 4:50 AM EST
    • 19 posts
    January 2, 2019 10:55 AM EST

Hi Donna! Thanks for your response. Since I'm new to all this I wasn't sure if the task scheduler needed to be running at all times or not. You answered that question so thank you.