Infinite scroll with or despite mooTools

• 75 posts
    January 9, 2019 11:45 AM EST

Have any of you ever implemented an infinite-scroll based layout on Social Engine?

To be more specific, I'm not asking how to implement that kind of layout in general, but how would you do that despite mooTools and the Function.prototype.bind problem given by the compatibility layer.

I have a client who is asking for a very slick and modern-feeling front end, and honestly I'm here wondering whether Social Engine is actually a good solution for him. It would be in many ways (we all know how many good plugins are available etc.) but a modern feel&look with an infinite scroll layout would be more simply and more prettily implemented using one of the present days JavaScript frameworks (Vue and similar...)

In the past, however, we had problems using modern days JavaScript on SocialEngine because mooTools screwing with the Function.prototype ends up screwing with anything else being loaded on the page (as soon as the bind method is used), while fixing/restoring the prototype.bind screws with all the standard SE javascript that is based on mooTools...

Thoughts? Suggestions?

• 6923 posts
    January 9, 2019 12:21 PM EST

Did you check Atlas which uses some different methods? I don't recall if it uses infinite scroll. One of the other responsive themes might also since they have some other features. There are improvements coming but that'll bring React.js and other stuffs mentioned in our roadmaps. Perhaps a third party expert will answer this thread too since js isn't my thing lol.