I need to add text on the "create account" page

• 217 posts
    January 10, 2019 10:21 PM EST

I need to add text on the "create account" page.  If you look at the screenshot you will see that one of the profile questions is:"profile type."  I need to add text under this menu so I can explain how people must make this selection.   I need it to look like the text that can be seen under the "profile address" menu that you can see in the same screenshot.  How do I do this?

• 217 posts
    January 21, 2019 9:28 PM EST

I am trying to figure out how to do this using the knowledge base.  I can find and change the sentence that accompanies the "profile address" profile question using language manager (see attachment) but I can't figure out how to add a sentence below the "profile type" profile question.  Can anyone help?

• 45 posts
    January 22, 2019 7:37 PM EST

I haven't tested this but you can try.

Edit "application⁩ > ⁨modules⁩ > ⁨User⁩ > ⁨Form⁩ > ⁨Signup⁩ > Account.php"

Find:

$this->addElement('Select', 'profile_type', array_merge($options['options'], array( 'required' => true, 'allowEmpty' => false, 'tabindex' => $tabIndex++, )));

Replace with:

$this->addElement('Select', 'profile_type', array_merge($options['options'], array( 'required' => true, 'description' => 'Your description here.', 'allowEmpty' => false, 'tabindex' => $tabIndex++, )));

• 217 posts
    January 22, 2019 9:02 PM EST

Stepan, thank you so so much for your kindness.  There are no words for it. 

• 217 posts
    January 22, 2019 9:13 PM EST

I am extremely grateful.

• 6923 posts
    January 23, 2019 5:14 AM EST

Great tips. Please when posting source edits make a note that this will be overwritten on upgrades and some source edits can interfere with the upgrade process so please be aware of what you are changing and make a backup of anything changed. SE support does not support modified sites.

• 217 posts
    May 27, 2019 9:32 PM EDT

That worked like a dream.  As you can see in the new screenshot I added instructions thanks to you Stephan. 

Now I have to do the same thing with the question underneath it.  The question says: In which district are you eligible to vote?  I need to add instructions so people can understand what to do.  I have gone the same place in my file manager and found the code related to that question in the signup form below.  Any idea how I can do it? 

Thanks in advance!

//SES Custom Work $categories = Engine_Api::_()->getDbtable('categories', 'cecustom')->getCategoriesAssoc(); if( count($categories) > 0 ) { $this->addElement('Select', 'category_id', array( 'label' => 'In which district are you eligible to vote?', 'multiOptions' => $categories, )); } //SES Custom Work