Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

Advanced Articles by SocialEngineSolutions - Review

• 5 posts
    February 2, 2019 6:27 AM EST

The reviews in the market don't allow enough room to write. I'll update this post as I find features and get more testing in but I know how important reviews are for experts and wanted to post.

I bought https://www.socialengine.com/marketplace/app/advanced-article-plugin and it has so many features that it'll take me a bit more time to check everything. :) Right now, and as I recommend, it's installed on a development clone on my local computer (per the license terms). 

This is exactly what I was looking for in an articles plugin. It allows for:

• Categories and subcategories.
    • Scheduled articles.
    • Sub-articles - very important for an author site as we can do stories with chapters.
    • Article image to dress it up.
    • Reviews - very important for authors to have feedback.
    • Claim articles - good for copyright issues.
    • Have locations for the articles - not something I need but interesting feature.
    • Subscribe and unsubscribe.
    • Different layouts to choose from, even for the authors.
    • Favorite articles.
    • Admin can approve/disapprove - another important feature.

Lots more! cool So far I've not seen any bugs in this plugin. 

This post was edited by LitSoc at February 2, 2019 6:28 AM EST
  • February 3, 2019 11:59 PM EST

Thank you LitSoc for your valuable reviews. We're glad you liked it.

Regards

Team SocialEngineSolutions (SES)

• 5 posts
    February 4, 2019 4:59 AM EST

Don't thank me yet. Had a bug in the plugin. Tried to sign up for your support portal. Didn't work. Sent a ticket via the contact form with the bug. Then sent another one that your support sign up doesn't work. Today the answers were both to view the ticket by logging in. ?? How do you tell someone to log in to a portal they can't sign up for? When one of the tickets says that. You don't respond like that. How can someone see it? I then got an email that my password was reset. Great, I guess I had an account somehow. However, the email didn't say what the password was set to. 

So far, not a great experience.

• 5 posts
    February 8, 2019 3:42 PM EST

The issue was resolved and still testing stuff. So many nice features! cool