Widgets I Miss On Home Page

• 629 posts
    August 5, 2017 9:45 AM EDT
    1. Members online.
    2. recent Topics.
    3. Recent posts.
    • 6923 posts
    August 5, 2017 11:23 AM EDT

Those are all on the main page already. They aren't on the visitor page but if you click Forums, they are on the right column. 

• 629 posts
    August 5, 2017 8:44 PM EDT
    Thanks for letting me know. Perhaps I'm just not seeing it like I was before.
  • gs
    • 857 posts
    August 5, 2017 9:02 PM EDT

@Elshara

What you see may also depend on the device/OS.  For example when on Android it depends on the mobile/full/desktop site settings.  This may have to do with using the mobile plugin here (my guess is they are due to the Full/Mobile settings in footer).  Plus things are different on my phone vs tablet - ugh

This is why I purchased many themes (7 or 8? plus tested at least that many more) to test responsiveness and found SES' SpectroMedia to provide the most consistent User-side display throughout the site regardless of the device, do that I don't require a mobile Plugin (which is often a headache in too many ways).  I learned the hard way that Responsive when it comes to themes is not just a yes or no, but if yes there's levels of responsiveness.

• 629 posts
    August 6, 2017 10:28 AM EDT
    You're probably right. It's just that I am on the desktop view using Android.
    • 6923 posts
    August 6, 2017 11:52 AM EDT

Well then I'll have to test more in mobile and see if I can figure something out for the widgets or we can wait until Atlas theme is for sale and we can maybe use it here as it's responsive without the mobile plugin. 

• 629 posts
    September 9, 2017 1:28 AM EDT

I don't think the theme would help this much. It's a widget specific placement problem.

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 9, 2017 3:49 PM EDT

==>"I don't think the theme would help this much. It's a widget specific placement problem."

My experience has proven it to be a truly Responsive Theme vs. Theme/Mobi-Plugin combo.  The SpectroMedia Theme I use displays things as expected (i.e. my 5yo Android Phone vs 3yo Android Tablet vs 6mo Android Tablet vs iDevices vs Desktop, various browsers and Android/Apple/Windows OS - almost all display identically unless the display width forces the right under left column).  I could never get other 'Responsive' Themes to look similar enough across devices, even when using the Theme Dev's Mobi Plugin.  SES SpectroMedia saved me almost 2 years ago and I will never switch (unless it's to another of SES' Responsive Themes) because they've done the best job of anything I've ever seen.  It's possible that the new Atlas Theme will be truly Responsive, but I'm thrilled with SpectroMedia. Besides, why should I now purchase a Responsive Theme from SE when they basically forced me to find one almost 2 years ago because their own software didn't provide one (until now - well, soon).