Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

SEAO Minify Certified

• 157 posts
    February 21, 2019 3:44 PM EST

Hello 

I have this plugin from the marketplace 

What should i be putting into the exclusion section because when this app is enabled a lot of my site doesnt work. 

• gs
    • 837 posts
    February 21, 2019 7:04 PM EST

have you switched to dev mode then back to production mode?  there's nothing in the exclusion section of my settings.  have you tested with low settings?

• 157 posts
    February 22, 2019 5:35 AM EST
    Yeah many times over. Doesn’t really resolve anything for myself when I do that. Sometimes it take 3 clicks to actually get it to change mode. I’ve had to disable the plugin now.
  • gs
    • 837 posts
    February 22, 2019 6:49 AM EST
    what did SEAO support say when u contacted them?
    • 157 posts
    February 22, 2019 7:29 AM EST
    Haven’t as of yet as I wanted to see if anyone else come across it yet or had a solution that could be shared so others benefit.
    • 211 posts
    February 22, 2019 9:02 PM EST

PPK, 

we have nginx reverse proxy (engintron) coupled with 3dp page cache plugin + Lazy image Loader Plugin

After experimenting with the above plus minify(enabled)

we shut down minify as we found the performance deteriorated.

It did not break our site, but it definitely impacted performance when enabled with the above .

We host our own services and site, so we chose to go with Cpanels inbuilt zipping and delivering settings rather than minify.

This post was edited by playmusician at February 22, 2019 9:05 PM EST
    • 157 posts
    February 22, 2019 9:06 PM EST
    I’ve not experimented with that. I have found this plugin to not actually increase performance.

• 211 posts
    February 22, 2019 9:12 PM EST

Lazy image Loader Plugin was fantastic and we wrote a positive review - cause it really works out-of-the-box.

• 157 posts
    February 22, 2019 9:19 PM EST
    I currently use kraken with s3 and AWS lambda. It has made a difference for me.
    • 227 posts
    February 25, 2019 8:08 AM EST
    PeppaPigKilla said:

Hello 

I have this plugin from the marketplace 

What should i be putting into the exclusion section because when this app is enabled a lot of my site doesnt work. 

Hi PPK,

Please reach out to our Support Team at support@socialengineaddons.com. They will assist you in detail on this.

Best Regards,

Team SocialEngineAddOns

• 157 posts
    February 25, 2019 11:27 AM EST

Sent, Thanks 

• 157 posts
    March 1, 2019 12:36 PM EST

I'm going to respond here, last email I got was on the 26th saying you will look into this. 

I'm writing this here as this seems to be the only time you actually do something when others can read it. 

I hope we get some new 3pd's for unite because what we have now is shocking. 

• 227 posts
    March 2, 2019 5:57 AM EST

Hi PPK,

Our team has responded to your email today. Please check and and revert there!

Best Regards,

Team SocialEngineAddOns

• 227 posts
    March 5, 2019 2:47 AM EST

Hi PPK,

We have debugged the JS conflict issue and below are few concerns which we would like to share with you:

- We were getting some error in JS during loading of third-party module files. Our team has explained this in detail to you via email.

- The Minify Plugin actually combines and cache your multiple JS and CSS files to improve the page load time. Sometimes, what happens is, this combining of multiple requests into single request causes some conflict as it is happening in your case. This is because the single JS request is called at the end of page load whereas there might be one of the JS requests (which is now combined into single request) required for some particular functionality during initial page load.

- For such cases, we have a setting in the Minify Plugin where we can add the filename causing the conflict and that particular file will not get minified and the functionality requiring that JS file will work fine without any issue.

If you wish to ignore the entire module file, then you can simply add the Directory-Name and for ignoring only particular JS file you can follow this format : /MODULE-NAME/externals/scripts/JS-FILENAME.js

Multiple js file name can also be added here separated by `,` .

Example: "/plugin/externals/scripts,google,min.js,DIRECTORY NAME"

- We request you to please recheck this at your end and share your feedback with us at support@socialengineaddons.com.

Best Regards,

Team SocialEngineAddOns

This post was edited by SocialEngineAddOns at March 5, 2019 3:14 AM EST
    • 157 posts
    March 6, 2019 11:01 AM EST

Thank you for resolving this issue for me. Also thank you for showing a solution for anyone else who may have this issue too.