Photo & Video upload on Android mobile device

• Jo
    • 11 posts
    February 27, 2019 1:58 PM EST

I need help.  When I visit my website via mobile and want to upload a picture via mobile I get a message saying: This plugin is not supported and on the Video page via mobile is a puzzle piece. And Icons are missing via mobile.

I'm using an Android phone.
    I'm using SE Activity and I don't know how to fix this.
    I've attach some mobile screenshots.

Please help. Thank you!

• 6923 posts
    February 27, 2019 4:43 PM EST

Make sure your site is 4.10.3p5 and that in the video plugin settings you have enabled html5. Noting that only new videos uploaded after enabling that setting will convert properly and work on mobile without seeing that flash warning issue.

• Jo
    • 11 posts
    February 27, 2019 4:52 PM EST

Okay. I just checked and I need to update to 4.10.3p5 I have 4.10.3p2 but the html5 is enabled. 

• 6923 posts
    February 27, 2019 5:25 PM EST

Hmmm. Your screenshots don't look like the 4.10 video plugin from SocialEngine. Is it a third party? The Vimeo and Youtube settings shouldn't be there. Try our demo to see how it works there but I don't recall if we enabled the html5 video there. I can do that tomorrow for you to test if it's not.

• Jo
    • 11 posts
    February 27, 2019 11:22 PM EST

I have these plugins enabled:
    Advanced Photos & Albums Plugin 4.10.3p1
    Advanced Blog Plugin 4.10.3

I have Videos 4.10.3p3 by Webligo Developments

I have this plugin disabled because I don't want to use it any more:
    Advanced Activity Feeds / Wall Plugin 4.10.3p35

I've updated to 4.10.3p5 and html5 is enabled.

The issue is still there. Thank you.

• 6923 posts
    February 28, 2019 5:27 AM EST

Did you have the expert remove the wall plugin? If that wasn't purchased from the SE Store, they can modify core files and database tables. Disabling it wouldn't remove the modifications.

Did you try with default, unedited Insignia theme?

Did you test our demo as suggested? Trying to rule out issues with other things on your site and if our demo works for you, then it would be some modification or plugin or theme issue on your site.

• Jo
    • 11 posts
    February 28, 2019 5:59 AM EST

I have asked the developer to remove the wall plugin.

I will try changing and testing other themes. And I have tested your demo and I did not have the same issue. With your demo everything was fine.

I hope this will fix things. Thank you for all of your help.

• 6923 posts
    February 28, 2019 6:16 AM EST

I hope so too. Your video plugin is showing things from the old video plugin. Most likely, if you upgraded the site it had the database edits that made the upgrade not work. In that case, there could be other areas not upgraded. Please ask the expert who made the wall plugin to double check that it didn't interfere with your upgrade.

• Jo
    • 11 posts
    February 28, 2019 6:41 AM EST

Ok. I have asked the developer to remove the wall plugin.