Forum - Cannot delete certain categories or forums

• 128 posts
    March 1, 2019 10:53 AM EST

Hi All,
    I set up a practice forum for the leaders of a Book Study that we are starting next Monday so they could get used to the new forum.

I want to delete that practice category and forum before I make everything visible to members, but I am getting an error message that says there are technical difficulties and to report it to the administrator. The error code changes every time I try to delete the forum. 

I have been able to successfully delete categories and forums, there are just 3 of them that I cannot.

When I check my Error log, aside from being proud that I know how to DO that, I really don't know what any of it means.

Any help GREATLY appreciated as we are going Live on Monday with this Book Study and I really don't want the Practice Forums to show up.

<pre>#17 /home/wfsonline/public_html/index.php(24): Engine_Boot->boot() #18 {main} 2019-03-01T15:49:50+00:00 CRIT (2): Error Code: 7e9a0b exception 'Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception' with message 'Mysqli statement execute error : BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`wfsonline_se2131`.`engine4_forum_categories`.`forum_count` - 1)'' in /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214 Stack trace: #0 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(303): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array) #1 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(480): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array) #2 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(635): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('UPDATE `engine4...', Array) #3 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php(1133): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update('engine4_forum_c...', Array, Array) #4 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Db/Table.php(158): Zend_Db_Table_Abstract->update(Array, Array) #5 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Row/Abstract.php(561): Engine_Db_Table->update(Array, Array) #6 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Row/Abstract.php(440): Zend_Db_Table_Row_Abstract->_doUpdate() #7 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Forum/Model/Forum.php(110): Zend_Db_Table_Row_Abstract->save() #8 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Row/Abstract.php(610): Forum_Model_Forum->_delete() #9 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Core/Model/Item/Collection.php(210): Zend_Db_Table_Row_Abstract->delete() #10 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Row/Abstract.php(610): Core_Model_Item_Collection->_delete() #11 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Forum/controllers/AdminManageController.php(375): Zend_Db_Table_Row_Abstract->delete() #12 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Forum_AdminManageController->deleteCategoryAction() #13 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('deleteCategoryA...') #14 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http)) #15 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(84): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch() #16 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(160): Core_Bootstrap->run() #17 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/index.php(223): Engine_Application->run() #18 /home/wfsonline/public_html/boot.php(47): include('/home/wfsonline...') #19 /home/wfsonline/public_html/index.php(24): Engine_Boot->boot() #20 {main} 2019-03-01T15:49:59+00:00 CRIT (2): Error Code: 2e2fba exception 'Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception' with message 'Mysqli statement execute error : BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`wfsonline_se2131`.`engine4_forum_categories`.`forum_count` - 1)'' in /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214 Stack trace: #0 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(303): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array) #1 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(480): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array) #2 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(635): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('UPDATE `engine4...', Array) #3 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php(1133): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update('engine4_forum_c...', Array, Array) #4 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Db/Table.php(158): Zend_Db_Table_Abstract->update(Array, Array) #5 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Row/Abstract.php(561): Engine_Db_Table->update(Array, Array) #6 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Row/Abstract.php(440): Zend_Db_Table_Row_Abstract->_doUpdate() #7 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Forum/Model/Forum.php(110): Zend_Db_Table_Row_Abstract->save() #8 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Table/Row/Abstract.php(610): Forum_Model_Forum->_delete() #9 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Forum/controllers/AdminManageController.php(408): Zend_Db_Table_Row_Abstract->delete() #10 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Forum_AdminManageController->deleteForumAction() #11 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('deleteForumActi...') #12 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http)) #13 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/modules/Core/Bootstrap.php(84): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch() #14 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/libraries/Engine/Application.php(160): Core_Bootstrap->run() #15 /home/wfsonline/public_html/application/index.php(223): Engine_Application->run() #16 /home/wfsonline/public_html/boot.php(47): include('/home/wfsonline...') #17 /home/wfsonline/public_html/index.php(24): Engine_Boot->boot() #18 {main}</pre>

• 119 posts
    March 1, 2019 6:11 PM EST

it looks like it is calculating a number out of range, a forum_count -1 can't be negative, these have to be zero or positive.

If it reads a zero forum_count and substract 1, you get  -1. This is wrong as you can't have -1 forums

It looks like something like that in the database tables.

This is a job for Tech department

• 6923 posts
    March 2, 2019 5:11 AM EST

Yeah you would need someone to check the database. Either someone on your staff or via a support ticket if you have support with us.