Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

Cometchat Install php code in footer

• 100 posts
    March 7, 2019 11:24 AM EST

Hello,

We must install Cometchat on our sites.

It is advisable to install a script and a php code in the footer. Can you advise us ?

In which file should these codes be installed? I can not find footer.php ...

On the other hand, is it possible to integrate php code in the blocks of pages?

Thank you in advance

• 358 posts
    March 7, 2019 11:52 AM EST

CometChat was a complete waste of money and time for our site. Sorry I can not help you install it but if you have not spent much time or money on it yet I suggest looking for another solution!

• 100 posts
    March 7, 2019 11:59 AM EST

Indeed, it does not work properly.

I wonder if we have installed the product correctly.

What worries did you encounter?

Impossible to install it?

This post was edited by Lovea at March 7, 2019 12:00 PM EST
    • 100 posts
    March 7, 2019 12:38 PM EST

Possible to enter a javascript in a block ?

• gs
    • 861 posts
    March 7, 2019 2:44 PM EST

My issue is with the company.  Bought the product, then they switched to a subscription model and no longer support the purchased product.  Lots of $$ wasted and they refuse to issue a refund.  Legal recourse is more expensive than purchase price, so I'm out the $$.  I personally would never deal with this company again.

• 100 posts
    March 7, 2019 3:30 PM EST

Arf.... it's not correct...   Thanks a lot for your testimonial

• 358 posts
    March 7, 2019 7:39 PM EST

I tried to run cometchat on two different cms' and over several years and versions. Never once did it work 100% and not once did their support come back to me with anything else other than its working as designed. Needless to say it never was and typically took several emails to finally get something fixed.

My experience is the same as GS' as well. They one day decided to go subscription and refused to honor "lifetime" sales from before that decision. They are the shadiest company online that I have encountered.

• 120 posts
    March 8, 2019 12:18 PM EST

A business buys a piece of software and don't want to pay for it monthly, it is simple. A business wants to know what is the fix price for the end project. So they can implement a budget for software. Not an ongoing monthly commitment for years and years. Unless agreed with a fixed sales price. Yearly or monthly subscription for helpdesk, no problem.

If a business doesn't make money one or two months, which can happen, you're buggered as business.

Re-selling software, it is a nightmare too !! Invoices, receipts, VAT/TAX receipts, too much hassle. As re-seller you can not commit to one final price for a project.

Isn't there a clause with software, that they have to give x amount of years for support from the day you bought the software, even if EOL of the software is not listed when you bought the software. If this EOL date isn't listed when you bought the product, in the case i think you can sue for the purchase price.

Don't you have a "small claims court" in the US? We have in the UK. You can apply online straight at the courts.

• 3841 posts
    March 8, 2019 12:23 PM EST

Moved to third party discussions and changed title so anyone searching knows it's for cometchat.

• 84 posts
    April 21, 2019 11:46 AM EDT

My experience with Comet Chat was very similar to ITLJames unfortunately. We had a heck of a time cancelling and getting money refunded.

The people in my online community call it "Vomit Chat"  

This post was edited by nancers at April 21, 2019 11:46 AM EDT