Community

Forums » SEU Help and Tips

Is anyone running SE Unite in production yet?

• 30 posts
    March 8, 2019 7:47 AM EST

Just wondering if anyone is running SE Unite on a live site yet?

I am keen to get a new community launched, a couple of show stopper bugs (SSL being the main one) seem to be issues, especially with payments as Stripe / Paypal require your whole site have SSL.

Is anyone running their instance live with users?

• 3406 posts
    March 8, 2019 8:23 AM EST

It is in beta. We don't think anyone would be using it on a live site but they can be. I've already mentioned in your other thread that SSL is coming. 

• 30 posts
    March 8, 2019 8:27 AM EST
    Donna said:

It is in beta. We don't think anyone would be using it on a live site but they can be. I've already mentioned in your other thread that SSL is coming. 

I'm keen to get two new communities live on SE Unite and will probably go live with one of them in the next week.

The product is awesome, leaps and bounds ahead of SE PHP in terms of speed and sensible UI design.

I understand there are bugs and this is all very new, however nothing ventured nothing gained. I'm more than happy to explain to users that this is all new and to expect improvements.

• 3406 posts
    March 8, 2019 8:33 AM EST

I love it. I will be moving my own SEPHP author site to self hosted Unite via my BryZar hosting once the self hosted is rolled out. :) I'll also be starting a personal photography site on the SaaS version too. So fast. The script is just so fast and...wait til you see it once our next update comes. It's 3 times faster than it is now!

• 30 posts
    March 8, 2019 9:15 AM EST

I have two Unite subscriptions now. One for testing a new community which I hope to launch once a few bugs are ironed out. The second I will be launching almost immediately for my little town. Might as well brave it, the product will evolve as will my community site.

It's almost 10 years since I bought 2 Social Engine PHP Licenses, these are now idle. I really think Unite is on the right track. It's very exciting.

• 3406 posts
    March 8, 2019 9:20 AM EST

Yes it is exciting. I can't wait for the advanced apps. I had a lot of fun, tears, and even threatening my mac over doing those maps. Had to get an Alienware laptop to handle them as they got too big and used too much mem on mac. Should give you an idea of how well mapped they are for features. :)

• 30 posts
    March 9, 2019 3:46 AM EST
    Donna said:

Yes it is exciting. I can't wait for the advanced apps. I had a lot of fun, tears, and even threatening my mac over doing those maps. Had to get an Alienware laptop to handle them as they got too big and used too much mem on mac. Should give you an idea of how well mapped they are for features. :)

Advanced apps will be good but I don't think the dev team should begin working on any of them until core functionality works.

I am currently putting together a production site, so far I've found quite a few bugs and have posted them on the forum in the bug reports section.

The current feature set should be almost flawless before work on any advanced apps begins in my opinion. Especially as people will be paying for their SE Unite instances, these bugs and issues should a high priority.

• 3406 posts
    March 9, 2019 5:04 AM EST
    Robert said:

Advanced apps will be good but I don't think the dev team should begin working on any of them until core functionality works.

I am currently putting together a production site, so far I've found quite a few bugs and have posted them on the forum in the bug reports section.

The current feature set should be almost flawless before work on any advanced apps begins in my opinion. Especially as people will be paying for their SE Unite instances, these bugs and issues should a high priority.

That's the plan.

• 125 posts
    May 17, 2019 10:00 AM EDT

Hello Robert...
    Just reading your chat on launching two new Unite sites.  Like you, I am also very interested in launching As soon as possible...

Im just curious to know if you have launched your sites and how they are doing / any issues. I am wanting to get started soon as possible...

thanks

mikel.

This post was edited by mikel at May 19, 2019 8:55 AM EDT
    • 125 posts
    May 23, 2019 9:42 AM EDT

Hei all.
    mikel here.

in a few days or so, I am thinking I should get unite (beta) started and get some trial users / promoters active. iv not heard anyone talk about whether or not anyone else has started unite Beta yet.. I know there are things to do and adjust, that's expected even on stable versions...

so shall I just go ahead and get started ??

feed back anyone ?

• 3406 posts
    May 24, 2019 4:20 AM EDT

We have live sites (clients with live sites) on Unite. I hope they post so you can see how it's going with them. I've not had time yet to start mine. Been busy making a special theme for it. 

• 125 posts
    May 24, 2019 10:24 AM EDT

Thanks Donna.

I hope people post about their unite sites also..I find it a great way to hear and see how people are using Unite. Also any None Bug issues and thought they have.. After all , its called unite for a reason, in my mind atleast.

If possible, could you private message me a couple of live site addresses so I can have a look and see what people are doing and how their sites look ??

thanks donna.

mikel

• 3406 posts
    May 24, 2019 11:25 AM EDT

I wish I could but as we are a white label product, we can't do that. Hopefully, we can bring back the showcase so clients can show off their sites. 

• 125 posts
    May 24, 2019 11:42 AM EDT

thanks anyway Donna.

no worries.

mikel.

• 53 posts
    May 24, 2019 11:48 AM EDT

How many programers work on this? Is Ray still there?

• 3406 posts
    May 24, 2019 12:11 PM EDT

Yes Ray is still CTO.

• 11 posts
    June 15, 2019 6:28 PM EDT

Hey all, happy to share my link.
    My site is production but still very youthful as I am pulling the local community in to help (like extracting teeth in slow motion) but anyways....
    Here's the link: https://mynetnz.seunite.com
    So youthful that I having got onto buying the domain yet

As for how it runs in Unite.....no serious issues and a hell lot easier than man-handling it on my own servers :)

Cost: pennies when compared to doing it all on own

• 3406 posts
    June 16, 2019 2:44 PM EDT

I do love your site. :) If you would like to be in a showcase, please send a ticket to my attention and we'll put you on the list for when we make that page. :)

• 11 posts
    June 16, 2019 2:49 PM EDT
    Wow ok will do :)