Blocking Profile Types

• 6 posts
    March 27, 2019 3:59 PM EDT

Hi all,

I want to ask if it's possible to make an option which allows you, as user, to block an entire profile type.

For example: I got 2 profile types, boys and girls, and I want to block (by default) all girls on the network, I only want to see boys.

Thanks in advance,

Irene

• 6923 posts
    March 28, 2019 6:33 AM EDT

Are you asking for a new feature or asking how to customize your own site for this? If wanting a feature request, please read the stickied post with instructions on how to submit a feature request as we cannot consider any that don't follow the format. Please also note that we are not adding new features to SEPHP so any new features would need to be considered for SE Unite.

• 629 posts
    March 29, 2019 4:51 AM EDT
    IreneAH said:

Hi all,

I want to ask if it's possible to make an option which allows you, as user, to block an entire profile type.

For example: I got 2 profile types, boys and girls, and I want to block (by default) all girls on the network, I only want to see boys.

Thanks in advance,

Irene

Yes, you can do that with networks. Just choose who in member level settings can see network posts. And then enforce that with profile type to member level mapping.

• 6 posts
    April 1, 2019 3:00 PM EDT
    Elshara Silverheart said:
    IreneAH said:

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Irene

Yes, you can do that with networks. Just choose who in member level settings can see network posts. And then enforce that with profile type to member level mapping.

Yes, Elshara, I knew that, but I want an option which allows every user can block or not an entire profile type, if that is their choice. With mapping-networks, an user can delete itself from the "blocked" network and automatically accessing to the other profiles. I know I can deny that option, but I want my users can change their networks when they want.

I suppose I need a third-party developer, but I wanted to ask first. Thanks for your response, Elshara.