Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

How did Social Engine Addons get approved seriously.

• 154 posts
    April 8, 2019 12:29 PM EDT

Hi all

Been away a while, and helping frined with his site, but omg why are SE Addons full of issues, i tried to install SEAO core and kept getting issues 

• application/modules/Sitecore/controllers/license/request.php - Failed (Unable to put "/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/temporary/package/packages/module-sitecore-4.10.3p46/application/modules/Sitecore/controllers/license/request.php" to "/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/application/modules/Sitecore/controllers/license/request.php")

Some files failed copying. Please re-apply permissions to their parent directory. For example, for application/themes/default/constants.css, apply full permissions recursively (CHMOD -R 0777) to application/themes). You may also want to check to make sure your FTP or SSH user has the ability to write to files.

found this page https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15174219/unable-to-move-file-to-packages-directory-socialengine-addons-core-plugin

Did mentioned, and manually did it, but clueless if everything was installed correctly

installed activity feeds perfect and no issues,

But goto install a theme of theres, and rejects it

module-siteluminous-4.10.3p4.tar
    and it throws out 777 issues constantly even tho files & folders  are recursivly 777

took 10 attempts for it to finally work.

Never had this issue with SES, but geeeeez SEAO still even after 2 years of not using them, still cant sort things out

• 177 posts
    April 8, 2019 5:04 PM EDT

Unfortunately, this is the same with most 3pds atm, some plugins work out the gate some don't, I'm relatively new to SE but other than updating to work with the latest version of SE, plugins never get improved overall, its version 1.0 and anything after is 1.0.1pt1 etc 

• 242 posts
    April 9, 2019 9:21 AM EDT

Hi Daniel,

I'm really sorry for disappointment. I understand that you were expecting the SocialEngineAddOns Core package to be installed without any issue.

I tried to check this issue on a local setup by installing SocialEngineAddOns Core module, the installation went smoothly and no error message popped up for permissions. A video has been captured for this, you may have a look at it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdsxg7vp2lw8j5j/vokoscreen-2019-04-09_18-42-45.mkv?dl=0

Usually such an issue doesn't occur if the required permissions have been given properly. In case you get to face such an issue in future, please try to make sure that the required recursive permissions have been given rightly.

Also, I would like to add to your knowledge that, we take appropriate preventive measures when reported issues are found to be existing at our end in our plugins which is not the case here, as the plugin got seamlessly installed on our local setup provided, the required permissions were already there.

Please reach us personally via email (support@socialengineaddons.com) or message, and I would be happy to discuss your concerns in detail. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will do everything in power to cater to your needs/concerns.

Thanks!

This post was edited by SocialEngineAddOns at April 9, 2019 9:23 AM EDT
    • 154 posts
    April 15, 2019 12:08 PM EDT
    SocialEngineAddOns said:

Hi Daniel,

I'm really sorry for disappointment. I understand that you were expecting the SocialEngineAddOns Core package to be installed without any issue.

I tried to check this issue on a local setup by installing SocialEngineAddOns Core module, the installation went smoothly and no error message popped up for permissions. A video has been captured for this, you may have a look at it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdsxg7vp2lw8j5j/vokoscreen-2019-04-09_18-42-45.mkv?dl=0

Usually such an issue doesn't occur if the required permissions have been given properly. In case you get to face such an issue in future, please try to make sure that the required recursive permissions have been given rightly.

Also, I would like to add to your knowledge that, we take appropriate preventive measures when reported issues are found to be existing at our end in our plugins which is not the case here, as the plugin got seamlessly installed on our local setup provided, the required permissions were already there.

Please reach us personally via email (support@socialengineaddons.com) or message, and I would be happy to discuss your concerns in detail. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will do everything in power to cater to your needs/concerns.

Thanks!

appreciate the reply however, i noticed a key thing in the video, you had the core and other seao plugins already installed, this was on a fresh install

• 242 posts
    April 16, 2019 6:28 AM EDT

Hi Daniel,

We have done another fresh setup of SocialEngine on our end and were able to install the SEAO Core Plugin without any issues. Please refer to video attached in below link and let me know if anything is missed :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b05injxxy8gtyuo/SEAOFreshInstall.mp4?dl=0

For further assistance, please reach out to us at support@socialengineaddons.com. We would be happy to help you.

Best Regards,

Team SocialEngineAddOns