Community

Forums » 3rd Party Product Discussions

extract error no package found social engine

• 154 posts
    April 8, 2019 9:02 PM EDT

Hi

Ive been working on SE sites since SE3.

Now im helping a friend with his, and tried to install his SE Groups plugin 4.10.3 and it comes back with extract error no package found in archive

yes its official plugin, and a tar file.

SES plugin upload perfectly but having issues with official groups plugin and SEAO plugins, 

just trying to install SEAO core gave this issue

• application/modules/Sitecore/controllers/license/request.php - Failed (Unable to put "/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/temporary/package/packages/module-sitecore-4.10.3p46/application/modules/Sitecore/controllers/license/request.php" to "/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/application/modules/Sitecore/controllers/license/request.php")

and for clarity 
     the specific folders have been set recursive 777 permissions

any ideas.

Never once experienced this with SE 4.9 and below

• 3124 posts
    April 9, 2019 4:42 AM EDT

I'll move this to third party plugins issues since sitecore is a third party plugin. We can't have this in bugs as it's a third party. As for Groups, I've installed clients many times over the past few days and had no issues installing. Did you try installing our groups plugin before you installed any third party apps? If not, then there could be a database edit that conflicts with our plugin perhaps. 

• 3124 posts
    April 9, 2019 4:43 AM EDT

You can also try the ftp upload method from the installing plugins tutorial. That sometimes works when it won't work otherwise.

• 3124 posts
    April 9, 2019 7:01 AM EDT

Did you just recently download the file? I'm using an old download but I just downloaded the file now to test and it appears we've got the tar files double zipped so we have to fix that. It should be fixed soon. If it's an old download, then I'm not sure what the issue could be as mine is working, I just installed another site this morning with groups and no issues.

• 3124 posts
    April 9, 2019 7:10 AM EDT

If it was a new download, that issue is now fixed. You would want to redownload it.

• 222 posts
    April 9, 2019 9:25 AM EDT
    Daniel said:

Hi

Now im helping a friend with his, and tried to install his SE Groups plugin 4.10.3 and it comes back with extract error no package found in archive

SES plugin upload perfectly but having issues with official groups plugin and SEAO plugins, 

• application/modules/Sitecore/controllers/license/request.php - Failed (Unable to put "/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/temporary/package/packages/module-sitecore-4.10.3p46/application/modules/Sitecore/controllers/license/request.php" to "/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/application/modules/Sitecore/controllers/license/request.php")

and for clarity 

any ideas.

Daniel

I've provided a reply for this concern here: http://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/1733/how-did-social-engine-addons-get-approved-seriously

Thanks!

This post was edited by SocialEngineAddOns at April 10, 2019 2:59 AM EDT
    • 154 posts
    April 9, 2019 3:14 PM EDT
    Donna said:

If it was a new download, that issue is now fixed. You would want to redownload it.

Yea Donna it was a new download, downloaded yesterday

• 154 posts
    April 9, 2019 3:18 PM EDT
    Donna said:

Did you just recently download the file? I'm using an old download but I just downloaded the file now to test and it appears we've got the tar files double zipped so we have to fix that. It should be fixed soon. If it's an old download, then I'm not sure what the issue could be as mine is working, I just installed another site this morning with groups and no issues.

Ive informed my friend and he will re-download, that means everything is fine as should be and only issues arising are with SEAO plugins

• 3124 posts
    April 9, 2019 5:06 PM EDT

Thank you Daniel!

• 154 posts
    April 15, 2019 12:14 PM EDT
    SocialEngineAddOns said:
    Daniel said:

Hi

and for clarity 

any ideas.

Daniel

I've provided a reply for this concern here: http://community.socialengine.com/forums/topic/1733/how-did-social-engine-addons-get-approved-seriously

Thanks!

Thanks for reply however as mentioned from video you provided, you already had core and other seao plugins already installed, which by doing the video again you simply re installed a plugin and all queries been processed prior.

a fresh install saw this error.

and for moment of clarity Social engine dont tell you the type of recursive 

If you are using a Unix server (or Unix variant, like Linux, OS X, FreeBSD, etc.), 777 permissions must be applied to the following directories:

• /install/config
    • /temporary
    • /public
    • /application/themes
    • /application/packages
    • /application/languages
    • /application/settings/

To apply permissions to these directories manually, login over FTP and recursively set the permissions of the directories listed above to 777. To have SocialEngine set the permissions for these directories automatically, click on the "do it automatically" link.

is this recursive of this folder, all folders only or all folders and files recursive

• 222 posts
    April 16, 2019 6:33 AM EDT

Hi Daniel,

1) We have done another fresh setup of SocialEngine on our end and were able to install the SEAO Core Plugin without any issues. Please refer to video attached in below link and let me know if anything is missed :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b05injxxy8gtyuo/SEAOFreshInstall.mp4?dl=0

2) is this recursive of this folder, all folders only or all folders and files recursive >> We would suggest you to give all folders and files recursive permission to finish the installation process smoothly.

For further assistance, please reach out to us at support@socialengineaddons.com. We would be happy to help you.

Best Regards,

Team SocialEngineAddOns

• 3124 posts
    April 16, 2019 8:37 AM EDT

Regarding permissions, I think this tutorial is pretty clear but maybe you hadn't seen it, https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5112151/se-php-optimized-file-and-folder-permissions ;. Hope that helps you with permissions Daniel.

• 154 posts
    April 16, 2019 12:16 PM EDT
    Donna said:

Regarding permissions, I think this tutorial is pretty clear but maybe you hadn't seen it, https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5112151/se-php-optimized-file-and-folder-permissions ;. Hope that helps you with permissions Daniel.

this actually looks like a very new page with info, as ive always remembered it being as i mentioned above. 

but as metioned
    - Apply recursive 777 permissions to below directories:
    /install/config
    /temporary
    /public
    /application/themes
    /application/packages
    /application/languages
    /application/settings/

recursive can be just folders or folders and all files within, so are the above mentioned recursive folders or recursive files and folders

• 3124 posts
    April 17, 2019 5:53 AM EDT

When I see "recursive" I've always understood it to mean all files and folders. I'm not sure it meant anything else as I always do all files and folders. If it's not working on your site, you'll want to do all files and folders if you only did folders. Wish I could help more but I've never been asked that before and always understood it to be everything.