Community

Forums » SEU Help and Tips

Whats new?

• 159 posts
    April 13, 2019 12:41 PM EDT

Hei.. Mikel here.
    Im trialling Unite and trialling it like im a typical user member and not admin.

What I found annoying after a short while is that every time I wanted to add a post. 'Whats new?' I had to keep returning to Home page.

So in the end I resolved to place a 'Whats new?' on my Members profile page..for me this feels better..

Pathway..
    Starting in ADMIN.

> Admin
    > Appearance
    > Pages
    > Homepage > Member Dashboard > : > Widgets

Scroll down to > Post > [POST FORM] 
    drag and drop in  CENTRE location

#whatsnew

This post was edited by mikel at April 14, 2019 10:49 AM EDT
    • 3848 posts
    April 15, 2019 6:27 AM EDT

What browser? The + at the top of the page should have worked to add a post. Did it not work?

• 159 posts
    April 15, 2019 6:44 AM EDT

Hei Donna

Yes the + at the top of the page works great.
    I am just thinking like how some members on my php site think and behave. such as, if they don't see it, then they wont use it and may not go looking for it. its a visual stimulus thing. im thinking, if they see it they will use it.. everyone loves a short cut, in and out.

for me personally, I know + is there. So I have to think like a member using the Unite site for the first time. if they don't understand it with in 60 seconds or see it visually then I could lose new members or need to work harder to keep them interested. Thinking like Twitter, get in - post - get out.

I should have just posted like this  as my first post  :O)  ..

thanks Donna

mikel

• 3848 posts
    April 15, 2019 7:53 AM EDT

lol yes I understand Mikel. This is why making tutorials for your website usage is also important. Showing how to use features help keep the site from becoming cluttered with too many things. One thing that also detracts from a site and causes member loss is having too many things, sensory overload. So it's a balance. Finding what works and what doesn't. I keep my own site lean. It helps focus on the content and other members. For me, if I go to a site with too many blocks, buttons and whatnots, I leave as I then just can't figure what to do first. 

• 159 posts
    April 15, 2019 11:51 AM EDT

hei Donna.

I get ya' I like lean and clean.. when I get the Unite site for proper I can leave it off..

mikel.

• 3848 posts
    April 16, 2019 4:57 AM EDT

Having it on the profile might be good for your site though. I don't see a problem keeping it there.