Community

Forums » SEPHP Feature Requests

default notifications settings improvement

• 154 posts
    August 7, 2017 11:18 AM EDT

Raised this on github prev
    https://github.com/SocialEngine/phpv4-feature-requests/issues/44

default notifications needs to be updated asap.
    If anyone knows a way around this please help like i have in past.

Now, when setting up, i turned off all notifications. personally i believe this should be default set to all off until enabled.

I had a plugin that i changed because the plugin was out dated and buggy.

When i installed the new plugin the default notifications were enabled for this, then i found out this made every old user have notifications for this plugin, which is soooooo annoying.
    I have no way of turning off these notifications unless i log into 600 profiles one by one unticking, which i dont want to do...... and i dont want users to to be incharge of these notification settings because
    A/ it shows the names for the plugins (which cannot be changed in language editor)
    B/ i dont want to send loads of pointless emails to users saying, you got a like from BOB, there will be a point where someone hits spam and screws me over and adds my domain to a spam list which can be difficult to get off.

Why is there not a button to overide default notifications for excisting users?

does anyone know a way to do this automatically in the MYsql database

Is there a way to set it to disable when installing the plugins?

Please help as this is an important area, Spam and emails are very important, there needs to be an overiding button to change all users. not just apply to new users, because when adding to the site with new features or plugins , this cause massive headache

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 7, 2017 12:23 PM EDT
    • 154 posts
    September 16, 2017 3:53 PM EDT

Yea basically matey

I had to do this over a week it took me.
    Just because when new plugins are installed, everyone prior to plugin installation, will be set to yes as default.

Shocking that as admin, I dont have the say of what notifications there are, or what users can select or deselect, or overide as default

Login as user, navigate to the notification section, untick all notifications that became auto active.
    Logout
    Login as Admin
    find next user
    Login as user, navigate to the notification section, untick all notifications that became auto active and save.
    Logout
    Login as Admin
    find next user
    Login as user, navigate to the notification section, untick all notifications that became auto active  and save.
    Logout
    Login as Admin
    find next user
    Login as user, navigate to the notification section, untick all notifications that became auto active and save.
    Logout
    Login as Admin
    find next user...........................................

............. You get the picture.... litrally this.... 1000 times, it took a week!!!!!!!