Making pages non-interactive for regular user types

• 217 posts
    May 1, 2019 10:22 PM EDT

I need to make certain pages non-interactive for regular user types because only expert profile types can post and comment on the discussions.  Any idea how this can be done?

• 6923 posts
    May 2, 2019 4:51 AM EDT

Is this for Groups or the third party Pages? If posting about third party issues, please remember to post in that area. I can move this if it's for Pages.

• 217 posts
    May 2, 2019 5:22 PM EDT

It's a SE issue.  SE has an expert or regular member profile type.  I have expert discussion pages.  I only want experts to be able to interact with the discussions on those pages. I want regular members to be set to view-only or to not be able to access those pages at all. 

• 6923 posts
    May 2, 2019 6:22 PM EDT

SocialEngine doesn't have Pages. Can you please take a screenshot of what you mean? Perhaps also a screenshot of the plugin name so we are thinking of the same thing as SocialEngine only has Groups. 

• 217 posts
    May 3, 2019 5:42 PM EDT

Sure.  You will see a screen shot of one of my "expert discussions" pages for "appropriations."

Below that you will see a screenshot of that page within the SE layout editor.

• 6923 posts
    May 6, 2019 6:08 AM EDT

Screenshots are always helpful.I thought you meant user created front end pages. You mean a static page. For that, you can Edit Page Info and set member level permissions for who can access the page. For the other things on it, you would need to ask the expert who made those plugins to see if there are member level permissions for those widgets. 

• 217 posts
    May 6, 2019 7:11 AM EDT

The problem is the member level permissions do not allow me to pick experts (vs regular members).  The only choices can be seen in the attached screenshot.  How do I make it so only experts can access this page? 

• 6923 posts
    May 6, 2019 8:37 AM EDT

Those are member levels in the list. It doesn't do it by Profile Type. If you have a member level named Expert, it would allow you to choose that. Profile types would be a customization to add that to static page permissions.