Deleting old plugins

• 154 posts
    August 7, 2017 11:19 AM EDT

raised on github and marked as accepted, wondered if update?
    https://github.com/SocialEngine/phpv4-feature-requests/issues/36

Just wondered if any plans for SE to add a feature that will fully remove plugins and their database entries into MySQL

I was recently removing a plugin and followed the guide provided https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/en/portal/articles/2121821-how-to-remove-delete-a-plugin-from-your-website?b_id=14386

But out of curiosity i thought ill reinstall the plugin, once installed i found the plugin was already activated with its licence key and all its settings even tho i deleted all entries it made in the my.sql file in the settings folder of the plugin, but because of the mentioned it did not add the queries to the database, instead it completely ignored all entries into the database, because there was entries in other tables for the plugin, which are not shown in the my.sql file, there was no referance anywhere to where these random files were hiding, but they were mainly all injected into the core mysql parts like core_settings core_activity_types etc... but as mentioned no file in the settings of the module had any referance to these new entries in the database.

because these hidden entries the plugin will not install at all now, lucky on my staging server, but would be great if there was any more information that could be updated to this help file, or even a feature that asks Do you want to delete entries in database also or just remove plugin

• gs
    • 857 posts
    August 7, 2017 12:20 PM EDT

I too wonder about when this will be implemented.  Fortunately the issue of Disabled Plugins interfering with the Site has supposedly been fixed in 4.09.03 (I haven't tested because I had 20+ Plugins removed, one of which was preventing me from moving to PHP 7.*). 

• 6923 posts
    August 7, 2017 12:21 PM EDT

Yes this is on the list.