Community

Forums » SEU Help and Tips

delete Option for SE Unite explore settings page

• 134 posts
    May 26, 2019 8:26 AM EDT

Hello .
    I am just having a play on the unite trial.

in Explore feature we have options of: blog, video, discuss, photo.
    In curiosity I wondered if I could create another topic ( Events ) for people and business could advertise / promote an event. 
    I go to the dashboard and created Events. my idea didn't work (but that's another (how to ) subject) however I then decided to delete this but there is no delete option / button.

Please can there be a delete Option Button.

thanks,  mikel.

• 3528 posts
    May 28, 2019 6:18 AM EDT

So you added a menu to Explore and now it won't delete? 

• 3528 posts
    May 28, 2019 6:19 AM EDT

You get free support with Unite. Can you please send a ticket so I can check on your site?

• 3528 posts
    May 28, 2019 6:21 AM EDT

Hmmm. I just tested on my site and clicking "Hide" does hide the menu once you refresh the page. Will you please try that?

• 134 posts
    May 28, 2019 7:45 AM EDT

hei Donna.

It was only on a trial site, so not a problem.

Hide is good but delete is better.
    question: if Hide is used instead of delete, will the files still be on SE server files and possibly slow down the site fetch and upload times, like on a self hosted server for php. on my self hosted sever I like to keep my server files clean from unused apps and plugins and kept my cache clean..if you get my meaning.

im going to get a trail site soon that will become a live site..

thanks

mikel.

This post was edited by mikel at May 28, 2019 7:52 AM EDT
    • 3528 posts
    June 4, 2019 5:32 AM EDT

This is a different type of database, nosql. plus it's set up for speed. It's actually a bad idea to delete anything from a database when you have incrementing records as it creates holes and can cause instability. Keep that in mind for your sephp site too. For this, it's best to hide as it doesn't slow anything from what our core developer has said. Maybe this will help explain https://www.zdnet.com/article/what-is-nosql-and-why-do-you-need-it/

• 134 posts
    June 4, 2019 6:08 AM EDT

Hei Donna.

Thanks for the reply.. I understand things better now.

thanks

mikel.

• 3528 posts
    June 4, 2019 6:59 AM EDT

You're welcome! I forgot to mention it's also built to be able to scale easily. :) That helps for growing sites. 

• 134 posts
    June 5, 2019 11:56 AM EDT

hei Donna.

oh wow... that's great...

mikel.