Exciting News about SocialEngine PHP!

• 6923 posts
    June 14, 2019 11:59 AM EDT

We have some very exciting news regarding SEPHP. Our team has received a great deal of feedback regarding our announcement several months ago about retiring SEPHP. With the amount of feedback received, we felt it best to put more thought into the future of the SEPHP platform.

As so many of you want to continue with the SEPHP product line, and because it’s such a popular platform we’ve decided to continue development of the platform! Our SocialEngine Unite platform is still being developed, improved and updated and we are still on course for the stable release!

The main change now will be that the SocialEngine PHP platform will get updated with bug fixes and feature requests. Our first priority will be bug fixes. After that, we’ll update the platform further and add feature requests that had been approved.

More info will come as to what big improvements we’ll do for the platform.

Thank you all so much for your feedback and support regarding the SocialEngine PHP platform.

To show our appreciation, we are giving a 10% discount for any purchase of an Advanced SocialEngine PHP license! To take advantage of this discount, please use the discount code before it expires on June 20, 2019:

mysephp10

In addition to the above discount, our recommended host BryZar is offering 3 free months of hosting for up to 10 clients who purchase a new SocialEngine PHP Advanced license during this sale! After purchasing a license, please contact BryZar support to get the free hosting.

Please feel free to post your feedback!

Sincerely,

The SocialEngine Team

• 303 posts
    June 15, 2019 2:18 PM EDT

This will be excellent news for many. 

Keep up the great work everyone 

• 6923 posts
    June 15, 2019 2:19 PM EDT

Thank you for your feedback! Glad you like the news. laughing

• 2 posts
    June 17, 2019 2:04 PM EDT

Will SEPHP look and function like Unite, or is it going to be completely different?

• 6923 posts
    June 17, 2019 2:05 PM EDT

It'll be the same SEPHP but getting updates and improvements after bug fixes. 

• 2 posts
    June 17, 2019 2:11 PM EDT
    Donna said:

It'll be the same SEPHP but getting updates and improvements after bug fixes. 

Will there be a self-hosted version of Unite available for those of us that would like to use Unite but self-host?

• 6923 posts
    June 17, 2019 2:29 PM EDT

Right now we are working on Unite cloud importer and API documentation as well as getting SEPHP updated and then improved. So atm that is our focus.

• 9 posts
    June 18, 2019 1:39 AM EDT

so perhaps one day in the next century, you'll implement the features :

https://github.com/SocialEngine/phpv4-feature-requests/issues/56

just to remember you, on May 4 2018 (yes already more than 1 year) you had answer to me :

>> Donna : "Browse members will be awesome. I can't say more. Yet."

Wouaww ... you're true that's really awesome to see that one year after you didn't change anyhting ;-)

• 6923 posts
    June 18, 2019 4:48 AM EDT

If you want to take part in this community, leave the negativity and sarcasm elsewhere. We are trying to do what people wanted and keep the SEPHP platform alive. 

• 303 posts
    June 18, 2019 11:34 AM EDT

Great! I promise that if you update some of the things I have been asking for or even help me resolve them on my own I will buy at least one more lic rigth away. One good update and you have on full lic sale and more from me. I will recomend it to customers again. If I could just get the kinks out of mine I would do that anyway. 

• 6923 posts
    June 18, 2019 12:28 PM EDT

We will be fixing bugs first and then move to the feature requests we had already accepted. I don't recall which things you had needed. 

• 303 posts
    June 18, 2019 3:21 PM EDT

One thing that is driving me to major monstor mode is that I have a user which I will be glad to give you all the info. He can't log in anymore. I can't log in and when we try to log in to his account it crashed the site. Every time. Traffic,  not traffic. Crash if you try to log on as this user. Even clicking on his profile can be a problem. 

• 303 posts
    June 18, 2019 4:18 PM EDT

Actually, it's some kind of browser thing that the website does. It send some information that then blocks the browser. I reinstalled firefox and I can get to the site and if you do it in IE same problem with this user. By the way this user is our most famous user. Makes me feel so bad. Maybe malicious? In IE I get this error message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@networking.studentfilmmakers.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

• 303 posts
    June 18, 2019 4:23 PM EDT

It's so strange that once you try to log on as this user the browser blocks you for logging on to the site and shows an error message that make it look like the server is down but it's not.

• 6923 posts
    June 18, 2019 5:17 PM EDT

Can you post this in another thread? I want to ask some questions about the issue. Also, I have a storm so have to get offline so it'll be tomorrow before I can respond.

• 6923 posts
    June 18, 2019 5:18 PM EDT

Actually, can you pm me instead with the site details and user details. I will check one time without you needing a ticket and see if it's a bug. If it's not a bug, you'll need support. 

• gs
    • 857 posts
    June 18, 2019 7:04 PM EDT

Bless you, and thank you very much Webligo (and Spencer too).

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

• 303 posts
    June 18, 2019 10:23 PM EDT

How do you want me to send you log on information?

• 6923 posts
    June 19, 2019 4:02 AM EDT
    gs said:

Bless you, and thank you very much Webligo (and Spencer too).

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

lolyou're welcome!

• 6923 posts
    June 19, 2019 4:03 AM EDT
    whatonearth said:

How do you want me to send you log on information?

In a private message please.

• 36 posts
    June 23, 2019 1:17 PM EDT

Good to hear. Been with social engine for 10 years and hate the thought of finding a new script to migrate 13years worth of data to yell

• 71 posts
    June 24, 2019 7:56 AM EDT

Donna, is there a roadmap for SE PHP? Any technology changes planned? (like Zend Framework1 upgrade or switch from mootools to jquery?)

• 6923 posts
    June 24, 2019 8:49 AM EDT

Hi Eugene! Good to see you.We first need to fix bugs and then we'll put out a roadmap for improvements. Zend and moo would be after some other things but are planned.

• July 24, 2019 4:12 AM EDT

I have been around since SE3 and Then SE4, i ditched the illegal SE3 when a developer cheated me becuase i though it was their software, subsequently I moved to Se4 legally . Anyone interested in an independent community should know this , this discussion about the survival of SEphp will come up again in the future and we are not sure if it will survive or not . Being a business man myself i know this, Social engine will go the way of Azure and office 365 (fully managed Subscription software), its whats good for them and their business, its for profit and food need to be put on the side of the laptop.

So for now Php people will have to decide to jump on the cloud or stay free and take off from wherever they stop, thats just my opinion , I am not American and already my country is making laws that mean we cant host social network software that contain people data overseas, I host with hostiso now but i will have to move to an in country server sooner or later. My site is not planned for a 5 year , i am planning to let it survive for a 100 years, if you are a  hobbiest this does not concern you, But I took SE seriously and eventually I will have to pay for it by bidding them good buy when all moves to the US cloud.

signed: One not very loyal customer

• 6923 posts
    July 24, 2019 4:46 AM EDT

BryZar has datacenters worldwide and they are our recommended host if needed. With that option, you can choose a datacenter where you need it. Most hosts do have datacenters in various locations though. So before you move, if you like hostiso you should check to see if they have other datacenters you could use. If not, maybe check with BryZar. 

As for SEPHP, we just announced we are continuing it and we have plans into the future for it. You don't know a thing about our plans so don't come here and try to scare people by saying we aren't telling the truth in our announcement to continue development for it. Our next release is focusing on security improvements. After that, we'll roll out some new features.

We are discussing whether to upgrade Zend or remove it for better solutions. We are also looking at Mootools and whether it's the best option to continue with or whether it would be best to do something else. We had a lot of feedback from third party expert regarding both Zend and Mootools.

We are not going to change SEPHP into a subscription based script. Later on, we will offer an OPTION for SEPHP clients to leverage the power of Unite by having hybrid versions of their self hosted SEPHP site + Unite. That will be OPTIONAL for those that have requested this option. However, for those that don't want to do that, they don't have to do that. SEPHP will continue as a separate product with its own features. 

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at July 24, 2019 4:47 AM EDT