FPM max children limits 8 times yesterday

• 303 posts
    June 15, 2019 2:10 PM EDT

SocialEngine is crashing my server since last update. It hit FPM max children limits 8 times yesterday and today is doing the same kinds of things. I don't understand this exactly but techs are trying to find a solution on liquideweb and I am frustrated as a monster. Anyone have any solutions or would a real programer who knows the software graciously help me? 

• 6923 posts
    June 15, 2019 2:18 PM EDT

SocialEngine doesn't work with FCGI so tweaks from experts or server techs would be needed. 

As for the max children this article might help explain it https://docs.nexcess.net/article/what-is-the-php-fpm-limit-max_children.html and it mentions traffic spikes that can cause it. Perhaps you were experiencing a DDOS attack or heavy spam traffic at the time. Wish I could help more but maybe someone else has better explanations.

• 303 posts
    June 15, 2019 2:24 PM EDT

What do you consider heavy traffic? Heavy is relefant. It should be able to hangle at least a couple of hundred consecutive connections. Also what do you mean it won't work with FCGI? Are you saying I have that set up??? Can you be as clear as possible about this?

• 6923 posts
    June 16, 2019 2:43 PM EDT

I mentioned DDOS or heavy spam traffic. 

SocialEngine PHP does not work with FastCGI without tweaks. Check with your host to see if it's using FCGI.

• 41 posts
    September 12, 2019 11:54 AM EDT

Sorry I'm so late in seeing this thread. I've been having similar problems beginning around the time you mentioned it.

We've upgraded (primarily because our audience is growing), we've implemented and configured CloudFlare, yet we're still seeing problems.

Could I ask if this is still a problem for you and, if not, how you solved it?

Mark