Community

Forums » News, Info and Announcements

Roadmap for SEPHP 4.10!

• 681 posts
    August 13, 2017 5:19 AM EDT
    Daniel said:

Question#02: When will licensing (keys, checks, etc.) be addressed?

4.9.4 if I am grasping what you are asking.

what, licencsing checks, please dont say the software is going to do live daily checks back to each server ie Social Engine, and all the devs servers of plugins.

If any of these sites were to go down that would affect my site greatly, not to mention if anyone closed up shop and stopped developing.

I will 100% move away from SE if this does that

You did not read my answer above where I said the check is just like the current check. On install or upgrade. That's it. Please read all of my posts. Thank you. :)

• 681 posts
    August 13, 2017 5:19 AM EDT

We will not discuss 4.9.4 further in this thread. Thank you. 

• 681 posts
    August 13, 2017 5:22 AM EDT
    Daniel said:

@donna any idea when profile signup, profile questions etc will be addressed, before it was added via github to next release that suggested to 4.9.x but then it was said 4.10 milestone, but I get the feeling now that area, is not gunna be fixed or addressed until sometime even later.Its really the one area that bugs me as its not been changed since Social engine 3.

And a document uploader for verfication documents NEEDS to be added.

Networks needs to have ability to truely define a networks by multiselecting a combination of profile answer/questions.

profile signup/browse members needs to act like a dating site.

This thread is for 4.10. I will answer this time. Profile Types are in this 4.10 release in order to make them work better with profile questions. 

Other feature requests will be addressed later as mentioned. We need to do these things first and we cannot do a huge amount of things or it will be a huge amount of time again before releases. Flash is a big thing to remove. Networks and Profile Types are a big thing to improve. Adding smilies isn't just a small thing either. Same for hashtags. 

Thank you.

• September 8, 2017 9:09 PM EDT

Love the updates!

My only concern is:

No attention to an uninstall tool for unused third party modules or apps.

This would guarantee people coming in droves to social engine if it existed.

• 4 posts
    October 15, 2017 3:08 PM EDT

Looks good. Especially getting rid of flash is great.

Also i have some informations from my members.
    I recently made a survey and they say the site is

- no so easy to use
    - Its hard to find/connect to new people
    - They find it hard to find something on the website

hope it helps

regards