Navigation Icon Things

• 303 posts
    June 20, 2019 3:41 PM EDT

Now I realize why the navigation loads funky, but I don't know how to fix it. When the page first loads the little navigation Icons, things like musical notes for music load but then disappear and causes the menu to jump on load. HOw can I fix this? 

This post was edited by whatonearth at June 20, 2019 7:05 PM EDT
    • 303 posts
    June 20, 2019 7:07 PM EDT

I put the word "none" and it helps some but still jumps in like it's looking for the Icon / Icon Class

• 6923 posts
    June 21, 2019 5:49 AM EDT

Screenshot please. Check with debug enabled (development mode). If that shows nothing, please check Inspect Element for your browser and see if there are console or network issues shown.

• 303 posts
    June 21, 2019 6:48 AM EDT

It's to difficult to try and screenshot it snaps in one second. Maybe I can make a video of it? Is there a free software to record what is happening on my screen? I checked already the development mode and I just checked the element and I dont' see anything.

• 6923 posts
    June 21, 2019 10:02 AM EDT

I use screencastomatic as it has a free version. Mine is paid. If you're not using default Insignia theme, try changing to that, clearing cache, and testing again. You could also try in different browsers to see if something is being blocked as we use fontawesome and perhaps that is being blocked. One other place to test is at our demo. If it does the same thing there, it could be something being blocked in the browser as I'm not seeing any problems if you mean these icons:

That's the only place I see a music/photo, etc icon. 

• 303 posts
    June 21, 2019 11:01 AM EDT

I tried that and it's still doing it. I started thinking the only difference in this instalation that I know of an my others that don't do this is that it has some remnants of the installs from socialengineaddons and man I can't tell you how they drove me crazy trying to get them to remove it. I had to have asked them 15 times and they would ask me why or tell me something about how it does not matter but I still see the selections in the editing part and other areas. It really bothers me and bothers me more they would not remove it. You told me to go back to them and at one point and I did and they made me crazy. I asked so many times and they would not do it. This is why I am thinking about trying to do a fresh install and import members.

This post was edited by whatonearth at June 21, 2019 11:02 AM EDT