Community

Forums » SEU Help and Tips

Splash page Picture

• 156 posts
    June 25, 2019 1:00 PM EDT

Hei folks..
    I have placed my greeting on splash page (hero message)

So how do I add the photo ?

this is how id like it to look.

• 3747 posts
    June 25, 2019 1:46 PM EDT

Hi Mikel, did you check our Learning Center? It's best to start there. https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/983246/splash-page . You would probably need to upload the image someplace and use it as the background image. 

• 3747 posts
    June 25, 2019 1:49 PM EDT

Hopefully the above helps. :)

• 156 posts
    September 29, 2019 9:33 AM EDT

Hei People..

Im one of those people that like to keep things fresh and think of ways to achieve what I want without over tech'ing things and keeping things simple..

My latest one is how do I get my new company logo to appear on my SE unite splash page. My resolve was to create a new logo where I don't need an image yet having an image.

So the first thing I did was to change my theme back to the SE default theme as a trial. (im using pegasi royal flavour at moment).
    In themes I changed the 'Header' colour to a blue / green colour ( im monochromic, so I don't see colour, I have an assistant).

Colour code: #1EBEBE7 , or RBG: 31,191,183  

The colour isn't a bright colour but looks good to my assistant. Then I worked on the HTML info for my splash page

Text is in : Freestyle.

This way I don't need to upload an actual image to a second server and I can change this anytime I like just by altering the HTML test wording and text size.

I think it looks good but you will have other ideas..

Im just mentioning this because some members don't like or can do coding so this is just a quick cheat to start off with...

If anyone wants the HTML for what I did, just drop me a message. Im not charging for this, im just passing on a little bit of help and tip.

* notice: im using text :freestyle script, on my desktop pc it shows as freestyle script. however on my mobile device it shows as standard text. this is because my mobile device does not have freestyle script installed. so whatever text style you choose to use, just be aware of devices text styal formats as they differ.

thanks
    mikel. 

This post was edited by mikel at September 30, 2019 12:46 PM EDT
    • 3747 posts
    September 30, 2019 5:02 AM EDT

Nice tips! I am concerned though if Pegasi is not letting you change the splash page as it's built on the same foundation and should work fine. Can you let me know if it's not the case? 

• 156 posts
    September 30, 2019 12:40 PM EDT

Hei Donna.
    Im just experimenting on the Aurora theme. once im happy with it proper I can create a flavour using the pegasi theme.

Pegasi will let me change the splash page, there is no problem there..

The only bit I will not be able to change (either because im not meant to because they are apps and separate from the theme or im in the wrong area) on the explore page apps, (blogs, photo, video, discussion) the headers on the titles will not change. Im using pegasi royal, its better than pegasi default because in explore apps title headers (a dark greenish color /, the text is black. if the text was white it would look better. where as pegasi royal the same title headers are a dark red / burgundy color with white text.. 

thanks Donna

mikel.

• 3747 posts
    September 30, 2019 12:59 PM EDT

Can you let me know what you are trying to change specifically? A screenshot maybe and what exactly you want to change it to? I'm confused lol.

• 156 posts
    September 30, 2019 3:51 PM EDT

Hei Donna...

I confuse myself most of the time and my assistants...il come up with an idea and when they are part way through making it happen, il change my mind or want it altering...

I tried making a new flavour but when I changed the header color (dark blue area) to a greenish color #15A29C, the red disappeared.

pegasi royal..plan 1
    (My assistants prefer this flavour (royal ) better the default)

Idea: change the dark blue and red to a color: #15A29C 

Plan B:  Pegasi default
    (my assistants aren't keen on this flavour due to the black text on the green, they asked if it could be white text ) 

a, Change the grey header and footer color to the same color as the green boxes. (what is the color code for that green color ?  #?
    2, change the text color (in the green boxes) from black text and change to a white text #ffffff

I prefer plan B because it is more of what im looking for.

To me personally the green gives off less color glare. and I see less of a grey and black checker board.
    its kind of hard to explain but il give it a go. MMmm...ok if you can find a picture (or use the pegasi royal picture above) that has many different bright colors on it, just a look at it for a few moments, then turn the picture to black and white and see how it looks...that's the world I live in, black and white shades of grey with a dark dirty yellowy shades. Now do the same with a picture that has about 2 or 3 not so bright colors and turn it to black and white and notice the difference..

(so for me, black text on green looks like black on dark grey...but white text on green looks like white on dark grey. I can see it more clearly..)

the colour-blind members (of various levels) I have and speak to have the similar problems in life, the more colours that they see just means more colours their minds cant comprehend, it looks odd the us. that's why you should never ask a colour-blind person to buy flowers or clothes. you'd end up looking like a clown holding a bunch of odd looking flowers.

so if we go with plan b, what would the $ charge be to alter the flavour rather than create a new theme ??

are you properly confused now ??

thanks Donna
    mikel.

• 3747 posts
    October 1, 2019 4:41 AM EDT

We have a bug with clone themes it appears. If I create a clone of Pegasi or one of the other custom themes, then the styling is lost. Is that what you mean? If so, it's reported. If not, then I'm not sure lol. I am making another theme btw. Not sure if it will be better. We also have another thing in the pipeline to allow more front end options to help with accessibility. 

I actually had tested with the free WAVE tool as it allows to test lots of things. I'll test more with full on color blind to see what I can figure out. I think a monochrome theme might be an answer. 

How are the fonts? Are those ok?

Are you saying the green of the Pegasi is better than the Royal in regards to the font colors?

• 156 posts
    October 1, 2019 1:01 PM EDT

hei Donna

Theme pegasi, Royal. (blue and red): Don't change anything. this is a great theme. PERFECT as it is....

Theme Pegasi, default (with the green). Change the Black text in the green boxes to white text. Do not change anything else.

Not liking this one.

This is better..

Fonts: Fonts are great, no problems reported to me and I have no issues with fonts. I would not change the fonts..

Creating a theme for colour-blind.. Ive tried creating color pallets for colour-blind people with a colour-blind tech. we gave up after 3 months... the issue we found was:
    1, not all colour-blind people are the same, there are too many variables to try and overcome in relation to individual color-blindness needs.
    2, We found that not all devices show colors in the same degree.. Many lap-top pcs creens, deck-top pcs screens, mobile devices screens and screen filters and anti-glare screens  and manufacturer devices are made different and show colors in varying similar shades and didn't show colors in there true intended color, then when had to consider, normal color screen settings , High Definition screens coloring,  color, the list got annoying.
    2 examples:
    a, A colour-blind person seen a red square on one devise and seen it as brown but looked at the same red square on another device and seen it as a shade of burnt orange..
    b, greens appeared blueish, and some orange appeared reddish.

This affect even confused normal color vision people who thought the green was a shade of blue. We created a few color pallets and tested them to varying results so we couldnt really create a successful color pallet.

In the end we just decided to just keep to a basic of 2 main colours that the majority of people, colour-blind and normal color-vision people liked and could work with on most devices..

This is why I like the pegasi default (with the green) I know it looks blue to some people but green to others but it is not reported to me as a problem and people like it.

Pegasi royal theme (the blue and red) to normal color-vision looks blue and red but to many colour-blind it looks blue and brown and many questioned the colour choice. Although my assistants like it, there not the ones who have an issue.

Anyway. hope all this helps and give you a starting point should you choose to create a color pallet for color-blind people. personally id make some sandwiches and bring your duvet to work because you'll be there for a long time OH and some headache tablets, im sur youll have a headache by time your finished.

Thanks Donna.
    mikel.

• 3747 posts
    October 1, 2019 1:04 PM EDT

Thank you Mikel, the information you gave is invaluable. I'll look at that info when updating Pegasi.

• 156 posts
    October 2, 2019 12:30 PM EDT

Hei Donna..

Anytime I can help people or atleast present some experience on here that others may find useful..Others may find solutions to problems that even I didn't think of...

thanks Donna.
    mikel.

Ohi just forgot... The Pegasi Default theme, (the green).. what color shade is the green ? #?

I want to change the header color to match but I cant quite get the right shade...

thanks again
    mikel.

This post was edited by mikel at October 2, 2019 12:37 PM EDT
    • 3747 posts
    October 2, 2019 1:10 PM EDT

I've got the font issue fixed once he pushes it live. Might be sometime this week.

You can use inspect element to find colors btw, in case that makes it faster next time but here's the info:

cardTitleBg = '#45A594';

that would be the green on the widget headers. 

Buttons are:

btnPrimaryBg = '#357e71'; btnPrimaryBorderColor = '#296668'; btnPrimaryBgHover = '#296668';

Now, I'm dying to know how the currency setting is working out for you. I was excited that we got it in 1.0.7 release :)

• 156 posts
    October 3, 2019 11:57 AM EDT

Hei Donna.

Thanks, that's BRILIANT....

Im going to check the currency setting Friday when I check my site..got some things to do first... 1, im setting up a new company and just setting things with the bank that relates to subscriptions and direct debits and other regulations... 2, paying my bills.

so il give you an update over weekend..

thanks Donna.

mikel

• 156 posts
    October 3, 2019 2:58 PM EDT

hei Donna.

Ok...I couldn't wait till Friday...

Currency setting... OH MY WOOOORD...I LOVE IT... works fantastic.. so easy to use, literally 2 seconds to change from $ to £ . will work great with stripe and paypal. ive got a test account im going to try it on before I make it live. Great work on this.. Thank you and thank your Tech team.

Theme color. The green looks great. ive made the header color a darker shade of green than the boxes (on explore). if it was all the same shade of green it made the color scheme look dull with no distinction. so now it looks great, just what I was looking for. Its not a bright green or a dark green, just pleasant to the eye. works great on my desktop pc and my mobile. although there is a shade variation but that's down to the devices but still great.

So yeh...a great day indeed.

A big thanks to you donna and the team.

got you all some treats, don't forget to share...

mikel.

• 3747 posts
    October 3, 2019 5:59 PM EDT

LOL thank you! Glad it worked for you. I'll give the team the beer and I'll take the flowers. What is that Goob stuff? Chocolate? We can all share that. :)

• 156 posts
    October 4, 2019 9:39 AM EDT

you can share if you like... but its doggy treats for spencer...

• 3747 posts
    October 4, 2019 10:17 AM EDT

Hahahahahahaha! OMG that made me laugh so hard.