Community

Forums » SEPHP Help and Tips

Google Analytics Installation/Questions

• 84 posts
    June 26, 2019 2:11 PM EDT

Hello all,

First off thank you to everyone in this community, I would never be sitting here with a soft launch going on as successfully as it is this week without all your help along the way.

I want to install Google Analytics on the site for data collection before we go 100% live and shut the existing site down next week.  I have created our account and have the global site tag. I am not sure what my next steps are with Social Engine.  

Do I go into Themes, and insert the config code below into the header? If so, where does it go?

gtag('config', 'UA-*********-1');

Or do I go into each page and insert the entire script on each page we have? If so, do I put an HTML box on each page at the top and insert the code there?

TIA for your help!

Nancy

• 36 posts
    June 26, 2019 3:35 PM EDT

Admin control panel > Settings > General Settings > Google Analytics ID > enter in your google analytics ID (UA-*********-1)

• 84 posts
    June 26, 2019 3:41 PM EDT

WOOOOHOOOOO! Not only were you quick in your response, the solution is so easy even I can do it!

Thanks OTAw

• 3840 posts
    June 28, 2019 7:08 AM EDT

For anyone else looking, this is in the documentation. Always best to search there to find fast answers. :) https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5308698/se-php-how-to-install-google-analytics