Google Analytics Installation/Questions

• 128 posts
    June 26, 2019 2:11 PM EDT

Hello all,

First off thank you to everyone in this community, I would never be sitting here with a soft launch going on as successfully as it is this week without all your help along the way.

I want to install Google Analytics on the site for data collection before we go 100% live and shut the existing site down next week.  I have created our account and have the global site tag. I am not sure what my next steps are with Social Engine.  

Do I go into Themes, and insert the config code below into the header? If so, where does it go?

gtag('config', 'UA-*********-1');

Or do I go into each page and insert the entire script on each page we have? If so, do I put an HTML box on each page at the top and insert the code there?

TIA for your help!

Nancy

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at April 28, 2020 5:22 AM EDT
    • 36 posts
    June 26, 2019 3:35 PM EDT

Admin control panel > Settings > General Settings > Google Analytics ID > enter in your google analytics ID (UA-*********-1)

• 128 posts
    June 26, 2019 3:41 PM EDT

WOOOOHOOOOO! Not only were you quick in your response, the solution is so easy even I can do it!

Thanks OTAw

• 6923 posts
    June 28, 2019 7:08 AM EDT

For anyone else looking, this is in the documentation. Always best to search there to find fast answers. https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5308698/se-php-how-to-install-google-analytics

• 318 posts
    April 28, 2020 4:14 AM EDT

Hello Donna,

Other question...

Thanks for the Google analytics.

However, Google asks us to place a conversion tag on the Sign-up page in order to see who signs up or not.

This allows for a better price at Adword. How to put this tag? 

<!-- Event snippet for Website traffic conversion page --> gtag('event', 'conversion', {'send_to': 'xx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'});

Thank you in advance

This post was edited by socialenginestaff at April 28, 2020 5:20 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    April 28, 2020 5:22 AM EDT

This is for analytics, this thread. You are asking about adwords. Please check tutorials for adwords and please post in a new thread if you still have questions. I fixed your above post as you hadn't followed the guidelines when posting code to use the code tag (next to the smiley button). If this does have anything to do with analytics, it is already integrated. You would check the code via inspect element to see whether that tag is there, if it's for analytics.

• 6923 posts
    April 28, 2020 5:28 AM EDT

If that is for analytics, can you give more info? If it is not for analytics when you post the new thread, please give a bit more info so we can help.

• 318 posts
    April 28, 2020 5:56 AM EDT

Sorry for my publication. I would be more vigilant in the future.

Googleads asks to put this code on the SIGN-UP page between the BODY tags.

But I don't know which file to load this code on. I do not really know what to do anymore...

• 6923 posts
    April 28, 2020 6:16 AM EDT

Ok do you have a link to their tutorial for it? Perhaps it'll help us to see what they want done. It should work in the snippet area, https://www.socialengine.com/support/article/5308827/se-php-general-settings the input for "Head" maybe but I'm not 100% sure.

• 318 posts
    April 28, 2020 10:48 AM EDT

The problem seems to be solved.

In fact when a Google analytics account is created, the Adword account merges with the same tags.

Thank you again for your help.

• 6923 posts
    April 28, 2020 12:28 PM EDT

That's great to know!