Community

Forums » SEPHP Feature Requests

Search Improvements For Member Browse Page

  • August 15, 2017 2:26 AM EDT

    Feature Title: Member Browse Search Improvements

    Feature Description: Allow people to be able to search by profile type, member level, newest and popular members.

    Screenshot: None Available, Sorry

    Other Comments: Thank you for considering my request.

  • gs
    • 857 posts
    August 15, 2017 8:01 AM EDT
    I especially like this for Profile Type. But as long as the fields are optionally displayed in Seach, I'm good.
    • 3537 posts
    August 15, 2017 9:36 AM EDT

    Thank you for posting. As many requests are coming in like this from various users, I'll try to give feedback about this. Imagine we look at this and then look and see we can already search by profile type so this request is already implemented as the first part. There is nothing mentioned about member level permissions so for this we wouldn't include it. Nothing mentioned about options to hide/display these. Do we want to limit the response to x number of members in order to reduce server load for large sites (imagine a site with millions and grabbing millions of users for this --- it could crash the site). 

    As it's not fleshed out, we cannot even begin to implement something like this other than a very very basic thing by adding a selection for the three that aren't there yet. We really, really need feature requests that are fully filled in so that we know how this works, how it looks, what you envision for this feature, why you want it, how it will help other clients, etc. If people want their requests considered, please use the form in the stickied post and please fully fill in the requests.

    • 242 posts
    August 17, 2017 4:24 AM EDT
    Elshara Silverheart said:

    Feature Title: Member Browse Search Improvements

    Feature Description: Allow people to be able to search by profile type, member level, newest and popular members.

    Screenshot: None Available, Sorry

    Other Comments: Thank you for considering my request.

    Our Advanced Members Plugin offers a rich member search fucntionality. 

    Name / Email ID based searching.

    - Filtering based on Member Profile Fields.

    - Filtering based on All / My Friends, Members I Like, Only My Networks' Members, Featured / Sponsored Members

    - Alphabetic Filtering

    - Filtering based on: "Only Members with Photos" and "Only Online Members" 

    and many more.....

  • September 9, 2017 4:32 AM EDT

    Cool.

    • 154 posts
    October 4, 2017 2:23 PM EDT

    Like Social Engines Addons posted, you can do exactly what your after in their advance members.
    Social Engine Solutions also have an advance members, which has a few extra features, such as compliments and ability to have multipul Landing pages and profile pages based on member levels.

    So admins home page and profile page can be programmed via widgets to look completely different to users

    Free users could have a basic free user profile page and home page, where as paid members could have extra features on their home page and profile page

    • 8 posts
    May 2, 2018 12:06 PM EDT
    Hi, if this isn't the place to ask this question, pls forgive the newb. But in reading the bold part below, I'm not sure I understand. How can profile type be searched? I see only Name, Gender, Age, Members w/ photos and Members online.

    The reason I ask is because I would like to find some way to display members of a specific member level.
    Donna said:

    Thank you for posting. As many requests are coming in like this from various users, I'll try to give feedback about this. Imagine we look at this and then look and see we can already search by profile type so this request is already implemented as the first part. There is nothing mentioned about member level permissions so for this we wouldn't include it. Nothing mentioned about options to hide/display these. Do we want to limit the response to x number of members in order to reduce server load for large sites (imagine a site with millions and grabbing millions of users for this --- it could crash the site). 

    As it's not fleshed out, we cannot even begin to implement something like this other than a very very basic thing by adding a selection for the three that aren't there yet. We really, really need feature requests that are fully filled in so that we know how this works, how it looks, what you envision for this feature, why you want it, how it will help other clients, etc. If people want their requests considered, please use the form in the stickied post and please fully fill in the requests.

     

    • 3537 posts
    May 2, 2018 1:03 PM EDT

    We allow searching by Profile Type. This is different than member levels but yes, searching by member levels would be good. If you go here, https://community.socialengine.com/members , you can see on the right that you can choose the Member Type. Once you choose that, more options open. We just don't have member level.

    • 3537 posts
    May 2, 2018 1:09 PM EDT

    You could probably do what you want with the Profile Types actually. Just make a type with the same name as the member level and map the two. Set the profile type to allow it to be searched and Voila! You have your search. :) Need a tut for profile types? It's in our knowledgebase (in the support link) but I can grab it if you need it.

    • 8 posts
    May 2, 2018 1:21 PM EDT
    Donna said:

    You could probably do what you want with the Profile Types actually. Just make a type with the same name as the member level and map the two. Set the profile type to allow it to be searched and Voila! You have your search. :) Need a tut for profile types? It's in our knowledgebase (in the support link) but I can grab it if you need it.

    Thanks, Donna. I just looked it up here and read this: To map your Member Levels to Profile Types you’ve created, click the “Profile Types and Level Mapping” tab.

    Which leads me to the ?s: 1) Where are profile types created? 2) Once multiple profiles are created, will they automatically become part of the Member search box?

     

     

    • 3537 posts
    May 2, 2018 1:23 PM EDT

    https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1686929-socialengine-php-v4-table-of-contents?_ga=2.234745176.7966607.1525252180-532819114.1525252180 our table of contents to bookmark as it'll make it so much faster for you to find things. :)

    Profile Types are made in the Profile Questions, https://support.socialengine.com/php/customer/portal/articles/1644307-admin-panel---settings->-profile-questions which I should have said. Sorry about that.

    • 3537 posts
    May 2, 2018 1:25 PM EDT

    Ooops I missed your other question. I believe they show automatically in the search but let me go look.

    • 3537 posts
    May 2, 2018 1:28 PM EDT

    Looks like it shows automagically. Most likely, it shows when there are people in those profile types but I could be wrong and it could show them all whether they have someone in them or not. 

    • 8 posts
    May 2, 2018 1:49 PM EDT
    Donna said:

    Looks like it shows automagically. Most likely, it shows when there are people in those profile types but I could be wrong and it could show them all whether they have someone in them or not. 

    First, top marks for using the word automagically. One of my faves. :)
    Second, got it. I have a member level Branded Users (type: Admin). I then created a Profile Type of Verified Accounts, which I then mapped to Branded Users. But the count does not appear to be updating. It's still at 0 users both in admin and from search page. (I should not I moved a test user from default to Branded and the counts updated. It's just updating in the mapping of Profile Type.) Hmmm

    • 3537 posts
    May 2, 2018 1:53 PM EDT
    MarkH said:
    Donna said:

    Looks like it shows automagically. Most likely, it shows when there are people in those profile types but I could be wrong and it could show them all whether they have someone in them or not. 

    First, top marks for using the word automagically. One of my faves. :)
    Second, got it. I have a member level Branded Users (type: Admin). I then created a Profile Type of Verified Accounts, which I then mapped to Branded Users. But the count does not appear to be updating. It's still at 0 users both in admin and from search page. (I should not I moved a test user from default to Branded and the counts updated. It's just updating in the mapping of Profile Type.) Hmmm

    LOL glad someone else uses it :)

    For profile type mapping, please see the notes in the tutorial (member level most likely) as it mentions that the members won't move into that profile type map until after they log in again. :) I had the same comment when I was testing it before for the core devs. That messed me up for an hour thinking I had done it wrong.

    • 8 posts
    May 2, 2018 2:20 PM EDT
    Donna said:
    MarkH said:
    Donna said:

    Looks like it shows automagically. Most likely, it shows when there are people in those profile types but I could be wrong and it could show them all whether they have someone in them or not. 

    First, top marks for using the word automagically. One of my faves. :)
    Second, got it. I have a member level Branded Users (type: Admin). I then created a Profile Type of Verified Accounts, which I then mapped to Branded Users. But the count does not appear to be updating. It's still at 0 users both in admin and from search page. (I should not I moved a test user from default to Branded and the counts updated. It's just updating in the mapping of Profile Type.) Hmmm

    LOL glad someone else uses it :)

    For profile type mapping, please see the notes in the tutorial (member level most likely) as it mentions that the members won't move into that profile type map until after they log in again. :) I had the same comment when I was testing it before for the core devs. That messed me up for an hour thinking I had done it wrong.

    Voila! Thanks. Very cool. 

    And I just created a menu item Verified Users that points to this (which works): http://sitename.com/members?profile_type=4 . Now I can create an announcement. It would be neat to add that to the signup process, but that's for another time. Thanks for all the help, Donna.

    • 3537 posts
    May 3, 2018 4:55 AM EDT

    You're welcome :)