WHOOPS - We can read someones "private messages"

• 128 posts
    August 20, 2019 2:43 PM EDT

I got this from our Forum Management Team today. Apparently our default administrator account is getting Email notifications for one members private messages...

For some reason we (Forum Management) keep getting XXXX"s pm’s to other people – I have told her about it and I thought we we were ok – but for some reason I’m still getting them…some pretty personal conversations too that Forum Management Team doesn’t need to know….

Any suggestions? That account has all notifications turned off...but is still getting Emails telling them they have a message from this one member.

TIA for any help

Nancy

• 6923 posts
    August 21, 2019 5:21 AM EDT

Was it a group message? Meaning was it sent to multiple recipients so now she's stuck in it? Are you using any third party products for notifications, members, or something I can't think of? My live site and this site don't have that issue so I don't think it's a bug at this time. 

• 128 posts
    August 21, 2019 6:00 AM EDT

I think it might have been a group message. We aren't using any third party products for anything other than the customizations we had done for chat and forums, and they haven't involved notifications.

I'll tell her to ask the user to start a new group message with that group and see if that helps. They may have tried that already, as it looked like they did some troubleshooting prior to contacting me.

Thanks for your reply!

Any other suggestions welcome. 

• 6923 posts
    August 21, 2019 12:15 PM EDT

I've no idea as it's odd for someone to get notifications if their email notifications are disabled. It would take testing at the site. Maybe check your error and warning logs to see if anything shows up.