Event RSVP Not Visible

• 233 posts
    August 23, 2019 11:32 AM EDT

Hello

Using SE add-on Events. the RSVP option is not visible to members. I'm struggling to find where to turn that feature "on". I can see it as Admin only. As a normal user I cannot see the RSVP buttons for the event.

Thanks Gary

• 233 posts
    August 23, 2019 11:35 AM EDT

• 233 posts
    August 23, 2019 11:36 AM EDT

Option require RSVP is on for the event

• 6923 posts
    August 23, 2019 2:43 PM EDT

Where is your side menu?

Your image above isn't showing the menu. Other than that, the RSVP only shows after you have accepted or joined an event.

This is because it is showing you how you RSVP'd to the event. In the screenshot there, I have selected to join that event and when I did that, it gave me the three options to choose from. Once I submitted it, I then saw that box I show above with my selection. I can change to one of the other options as that's what that widget is for. Hope that helps explain it.You'll want to check in the layout editor as your event profile page you show is not showing the menu and perhaps also doesn't have the rsvp widget enabled on it.

• 233 posts
    August 23, 2019 3:37 PM EDT

Don't see side menu even as Admin? So, "where's the side menu?" :-) Gary

• 233 posts
    August 23, 2019 3:38 PM EDT

So this last photo depicts what happens after I, as Admin, create the event. I pick Attending (think there by default)

• 233 posts
    August 23, 2019 3:59 PM EDT

Layout Editor shows Event Profile page widget is there

• 6923 posts
    August 23, 2019 6:08 PM EDT

Yes, but like i said, that only shows after they join the event. Your screenshot shows you removed the menu that I asked about. Without that, there is no way for anyone to join the events. https://demo.socialengine.com/admin/content?page=37 you can try enabling the same default widget Event Profile Options to see.

• 233 posts
    August 23, 2019 6:11 PM EDT

The post dated

August 23, 2019 1:59 PM MDT

shows the widget is there on that page ... just like your demo page

• 6923 posts
    August 23, 2019 6:20 PM EDT

The only widget on your page is the rsvp widget per your screenshot. Your screenshot does not show the Event Profile Options widget. Please note that if you try it in the tabbed block, it might break. I am not sure if it was coded to go in one but you are free to try it there. That widget should be the one with the menus as seen in my screenshot.

• 233 posts
    August 27, 2019 6:24 PM EDT

Thx, I think I found the widget and it seems to be functioning. Gary

• 6923 posts
    August 28, 2019 5:07 AM EDT

That's great to hear.Lots of widgets so it can be hard to navigate sometimes.