Browse Members/Recent Signups

• 128 posts
    September 1, 2019 5:15 PM EDT

Hi all,

We have a group of members who are volunteers to greet our newest members. Without going into too much detail, is there a way to set the default sorting for the "Browse Members" page to be sorted with most recent members listed first?  The way it is working for us currently is that the first page of the Browse Members is showing the 10 newest members first, but when you go to page two, the members appear to be listed randomly, and they are not new members.

As always, any help appreciated!
    Nancy

• 6923 posts
    September 2, 2019 5:40 AM EDT

If you check the browse members, it should be showing based on login. Such as here it shows me first in the list as I'm the most recent to log in. Can you double check that?

• 128 posts
    September 2, 2019 7:49 AM EDT

Hi Donna,

Thanks for your response. It does look like it is showing based on login. Is there a way to change that?

Nancy

This post was edited by WFSAdmin at September 2, 2019 8:08 AM EDT
    • 6923 posts
    September 3, 2019 10:15 AM EDT

You would need a source edit or to create your own plugin to change it. Does SNS have something to do this already?

• 128 posts
    September 3, 2019 2:08 PM EDT

Not that I'm aware of. OK, thanks Donna!

• gs
    • 857 posts
    September 3, 2019 3:01 PM EDT

SEAO Adv Members offers a widget with 'most recent' but i cant test it right now to see how its sorted.  SNS may offer a similar setting.  u may wish to ask both 3PDs directly.

• 6923 posts
    September 3, 2019 4:27 PM EDT

Did you mean for this to be in SE Cloud section? If not, next time please check the category you are posting in. I can move this if it's for sephp.

• 128 posts
    September 3, 2019 4:42 PM EDT

No, I posted in the wrong place. Sorry! undecided

• 6923 posts
    September 3, 2019 6:41 PM EDT

No problem, I've moved it